The Grammys.....who do you want to see?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by 2HBStrat, Feb 5, 2015.

1. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

I can't wait to see Ariana Grande on the Grammys. Also interested to see AC/DC.......who else?

2. paranoid70

paranoid70 Member

I guess I'll be the first to admit that I have zero interest in the Grammies. They never show any of the categories that I remotely care about.

3. neosoulchild

neosoulchild Member

The Grammys are a showcase of untalented cookie cutter "artists" propped up by the Powers That Be to herd the sheep.

4. custom53

custom53 Member

All I care to see is a small acknowledgment of "Paul Revere & the Raiders". A group that should have been inducted to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. At least by the time that the Dave Clark Five was inducted.

5. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

Which of these (scheduled to perform) are the "untalented cookie cutter 'artists'" you speak of?

Beck, Chris Martin; Mary J. Blige, Sam Smith, Brandy Clark Dwight Yoakam; Herbie Hancock, John Mayer Questlove Ed Sheeran; Juanes; Lang Lang, ELO,Ed Sheeran; Sia. AC/DC; Tony Bennett with Lady Gaga; Eric Church; Common with John Legend; Ariana Grande; Hozier with Annie Lennox; Jessie J with Tom Jones; Miranda Lambert; Adam Levine with Gwen Stefani; Madonna; Rihanna with Paul McCartney and Kanye West; Usher, and Pharrell Williams.

6. 8raw

8raw Member

Lang Lang, supposedly with a guest artist. I'm curious what he'll play.

7. neosoulchild

neosoulchild Member

Pretty much all of them except Annie Lennox and Mayer.. a fourth I don't care about. The rest suck, and I don't care to list exactly who in special colors.

8. taez555

taez555 Member

Super Bowl Sharks

9. aknow

aknow Member

Nonsensical ********, why would anyone w/ 1/2 a brain watch? Lousy lip-synched noise.

10. TheClev

TheClev As seen on TV

Definitely Paul McCartney. I think we can all agree that he has no talent and hasn't influenced anyone. He was a nobody until Kanye discovered him.

11. más_fuerte

más_fuerte Supporting Member

Lol, you can't be serious... :facepalm

12. Mr. Crow

Mr. Crow Member

I will watch, and look forward to it. I don't pay any attention to what music is popular these days (I'm old-ish), so when I watch the Grammys I'm seeing and hearing these artists and songs for the first time. I find it quite enjoyable, and I often see many talented performers and musicians.

13. neosoulchild

neosoulchild Member

I love Sir Paul.. but I have zero interest in seeing him do anything with Kanye West.. and I don't really dig the new stuff I heard from him.

14. jb70

jb70 Member

if you think herbie hancock sucks then you need to clean the sh!t out of your ears

15. woof*

woof* Member

My gf is a voting member of the Grammys for over 15 years. She opted out this year because it's so bad....there's just nothing there.

16. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

Are you saying that you've heard the Paul McCartney/Kanye West material and don't like it and don't want to hear it again, or that you're not interested in hearing it in the first place?

17. MrX

MrX Member

She's a hottie!

18. neosoulchild

neosoulchild Member

Herbie Hancock is great.. there are some good performers, don't get me wrong. I mentioned about a fourth of the artists actually don't suck, I just didn't feel like detailing each particular artist.. but as a whole, I think it's weak. It's indicative of the state of the industry today, companies aren't going to take chances on artists considered "edgy" or truly pushing the envelope. Where are the new rock bands? It's like a band like Jane's Addiction wouldn't even get signed nowadays.. would a record company even take the chance?

19. neosoulchild

neosoulchild Member

I'm saying I don’t care for McCartney 's new stuff.. he did a tv special about the recording of his new album. It's.. ok.
    As for Kanye, no, I'm not interested in hearing anything he's involved in.

20. Stu Cats

Stu Cats Member

I fixed it for you.