• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The Great Bigsby Debate! (yes / no) ... and let's see your Bigsby Equipped Guitars!

Bigsby Vibrato?

• Yes

Votes: 147 66.8%
  • No

Votes: 73 33.2%

• Total voters

art_z

Silver Supporting Member
E494D3AD-1C2B-495A-B4E9-30ADEDCEE862.jpeg

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
1953. Other than the Bigsby and the bridge, it's all original including the case.

I have been seriously thinking of gifting it to my niece-in-law. She's a 15 year old burgeoning jazz guitarist. I've already given her all my guitar books and transcription books. A small library...lol...no exaggeration...50 years of books. When I was learning I had crap guitars and always thought the reason it was so hard was because the pros had these magic guitars that were so easy to play. She deserves a "lifetime" guitar because she's quite serious about it. And I rarely play it any more. It shouldn't sit idle.

This post has made my TGP day, there's so much negativity around this board sometimes and to read such a generous thought genuinely makes me feel great about the place again. That would be an amazing gesture.

You, sir, are alright!

Riffmaster227

What happened to this LP? ..is that a screw between the pickups? Looks like it seen some serious action o_O
The “screw” is a mark from when I stab it with a screw driver while working on it and cut my hand so it lost it and stabbed it, was having some issues at the time to say the least, the rest of it was just hard playing, by both me and a previous owner, at one time o was in 3 different bands and either had jam nights, practices, rehearsals or gigs just about every single night.

macrossgeorge

Gold Supporting Member
I've always wanted a guitar with a Bigsby but haven't gotten one yet.
This thread makes me want one more.
I am a pretty hardcore hardtail/wraparound fanatic but a little wobble can be a lot of fun to play with.
I currently do not have a single guitar with a trem on it!
Was looking a cheap guitars with floyd rose just to play around with but also Bigsbys.
I personally think the Bigsbys also look cool too.
Was also looking at Duesenberg. Considering putting a Les Trem II on one of my wraparounds.
Great thread

Last edited:

pirateflynn

Silver Supporting Member
@mikebat @Cornholio and others. Changing strings is not too difficult. I use needle nose pliers to bend the ball end of the string into kind of a J shape, place it on the pin, and then slide in a Gretsch foam wedge to hold it in place. Do this string to string - easy deal.

mikebat

@mikebat @Cornholio and others. Changing strings is not too difficult. I use needle nose pliers to bend the ball end of the string into kind of a J shape, place it on the pin, and then slide in a Gretsch foam wedge to hold it in place. Do this string to string - easy deal.

I read up and figured out something similar. I use an eraser as a wedge. While it works better, there is no way you can say this is not a design problem.

They would be no need for a "string buddy" if it was a great design, my opinion.

I love my guitar with the Bigsby, but I say the string loading procedure is a design fail.

ssdeluxe

These are the absolute worst people on TGP, narcissists whose need to show off obliterates any sensitivity towards the feelings of others. If someone starts a 'should I put a Bigsby on my guitar' thread, fine, say your piece but a NGD thread is for someone to share their enthusiasm for a new toy, not spark a robust debate about whether it's any good. Hating Bigsbys is fine, behaving like a jerk isn't.

Anyway... Bigsbys. They're all right, aren't they? I may have one or two in the ranks...

holy crap ! yesss !!!!

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
holy crap ! yesss !!!!

I am a bit obsessed! I do own a few solid bodies without Bigsbys but on a 335 style guitar I hate not having them, it's become so much a part of my playing style. I love them on 335s so much I get phantom limb syndrome where if I play a 335 without one I find my little finger reaching out into fresh air all the time, looking for that beloved handle to grip...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom