The happiest girl and bluebarrys

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by BJF, Jun 28, 2006.

1. BJF

BJF Member

Hi,

Here's an extract or rather two of model R through Don's amp a Fender Princeton loaded with a greenback and a distortionpedal made for this show.
    First is this happy girl that liked R&R and will be a star.Yikes if I had had the stamina of hers - I am humbled. She said" You sir play so well" what the......do you responde to that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljYqbzWpAw

Also with the magnificient Barry Weber on slide woohoo! through a Hertitage amp with attenuater and the Frankenstrat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKzmyslFirs

just for fun
    BJ

2. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Supporting Member

Excellent stuff! You really have the right rock-star moves and playing Bjorn!!! :JAM

3. HammyD

HammyD Supporting Member

Nice of you to let the little girl play the Lester!! Way to go!

4. BJF

BJF Member

Hi,
    Thank you sir!
    Coming from you I am humbled.

I take a bow
    BJ

5. BJF

BJF Member

Hi

I was humbled and wanted to convey double string, woohoo thick sound!, I think I have not been so touched ever before. Anybody can play on a really nice guitar and a powerful sound as it just gets bigger
    I hope this will be something she will remember as I once met a guy that looked and played like Eric Clapton and he also sanctified my guitar- yes I was 12 at the time and still remember it as a highlight. I don't remember what he played but it was good.If I could for a moment give that back I certainly would. I think one day she'll be a famous guitarist:angel that I'd like to believe
    Yea, I have two daughters that want to sing and play drums, that's fine though guitar....well you know.

Hm, i would have liked to keep that guitar but I could buy two Mad Professor amps for what it fetched........still one of the nicest Les Pauls I have ever played.....

Thank you
    BJ

6. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

Cool clip, I liked how the whole place gave her an ovation after she played.
    also. any clip that starts with "pretty vacant" wins.........

7. BJF

BJF Member

Hi

Thank you Sub-D,
    yes she did deserve that from her guts - I bow to her
    Pretty Vacant is more home to me- it's just 22 times and at the back of the head down to the soul - severe fun it is. All songs have an extended chord
    just a bit longer than you'd think they'd linger.

Oh yea, I'm pretty vacant....

Vid's of above were benevolently provided by fast minded Don aka Donner

Thanks
    BJ

8. Teahead

Teahead Member

Very enjoyable stuff, Bjorn!

When might we hear more of this model R?
    :drool

9. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Bjorn!! You are HILARIOUS my friend. Your stage moves and faces would give Spinal Tap a run for their money!! :roll

Great playing and great sounds. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. The RRB is my new favorite. Thanks again.

--Jamie Koeth

10. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

Hi Bjorn,

Indeed, that gives me a very happy memory of the fun that was had at ToneFest, as I was standing just off to the side when all of this was being filmed. Fantastic tone, reminds me of some of the sounds Clapton got on the "Beano" album.

What a great time!!!

Your friend,

Doc :dude

11. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Hehe man that was great!!
    Sweet girl, reminds me of my three daughters:D
    Otherwise....I am on my floor laughing:D
    Niels

12. BJF

BJF Member

Hi,

Thank you sirs!
    It's all about fun and laughter,isn't it?

Gentlemen have fun and thanks again
    BJ

13. fatback

fatback Member

Billy Zoom's long lost brother revealed! :D

Bjorn, you rock man! Thanks for sharing these vids. You and Barry should put that show on the road... ;)

14. lhallam

lhallam Member

That was touching & very nice of you. I probably would have had her sit down with the gtr. Funny that she would play "Smoke".

Thanks.

15. BJF

BJF Member

Hi,
    Nah, she was comfortable standing like any guitarist..........".I'm the Taxman Oh yea,if you want to sit I'll tax the seat....."
    Do not get me wrong, if she had wanted to sit I'd have given her a seat, but I think she wanted to learn and would you then not teach?
    I'm a punkrocker and do not conform,but I am humbeled and will bend to a new generation and be thankful to give what once given and proud to do that.

Good point,sir!

Anything
    Bjorn

16. BJF

BJF Member

Hi,
    Who's Billy Zoom?
    To you sir,maker of fine,inspiring vids.

Oh I play the blues about once every ten years, usually only at weddings, though I'd play with Barry anytime he chooses to.

One thing that bothered me at the Tonefest was that amps were played wide open with guitarist playing different tunes- never touching base
    In the videos, Don's Princeton was played at '2' totally clean with just 'R' giving the stadium feel.........oh yea it gets better the louder you play but sometimes you need to keep things down while retaining the feel.....
    still it took a short while to hear Barry but once I did....great fun

To all of you sirs
    BJ

BJ takes a bow

17. PinkStrat

PinkStrat Member

Hey Bjorn,

I truly believe that the Chicago ToneFest was an epiphany in many ways...ESPECIALLY in the kindness that you showed your "student" by your lesson you gave her and in the way(s) that you personally proved how one manufacturer (you of course) could demonstrate THEIR amplifier (the Tube Wonder) also! This was comraderie at the highest level and we now have seen that this can indeed happen (and should continue to happen) between all the boutique manufacturers.

Chicago ToneFest was also where we could see the immediate differences between the European and American manufacturer's attitudes/philosophies. One more thing ...You definitely ROCK dude!

Best,
    Dean

18. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

It was a great time for sure...and a pleasure meeting you, too, Dean...sorry we didn't get to talk more. I'll still recommend the THD 2x12 for you, though!!!

Best,

Doc :)

19. trisonic

trisonic Member

Cool Stuff, Bjorn!
    Isn't Barry unbelievable?
    I told him (not to his face) to write a book on slide guitar technique but with his TV experience maybe a DVD is in order.

You're a very nice man, Bjorn.

Best, Pete.

20. fatback

fatback Member

Billy played some fiery punk-abilly guitar in the LA band X... He also knew how to strike a pose!

[​IMG]

:dude

...is there anything else you can tell us about the new pedal?;)