• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

The Heaviest ( in terms of weight ) amp you owned and the misfortune of lugging it around ?

JPIndustrie

Silver Supporting Member
Ugh my greatest enemy...

the eternal balance between good, BIG beefing sounding transformers

and logistics... weight ...

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
I was in high school and owned the Traynor equivalent of a Fender Twin, it was brutally heavy AND I ended up having to carry it up a flight of stairs and down a flight of stairs twice a week for practice because it was my only amp.

Of what I’ve owned and carried.

Diezel Herbert head - ~56 lbs

I agree with two earlier posts
MESA TOV 2x12 Combo - 100lbs + what a boat anchor

rack stuff .... even worse.

msquared

Silver Supporting Member
Back in my bass player days I had a Bergantino NV610 and a series of amps, the heaviest of which was an Aguilar DB750. Not quite an SVT and fridge combo but very close in weight (and blew them out of the water tonally). I always griped about it until halfway through the first song of the night.

Mesa Roadster
Mesa Electra Dyne
Rivera M60

Still have the Electra Dyne because I don't play out anymore.
If it weren't for casters I wouldn't have been able to use any of them.
All great, great amps, though.

zztomato

1971 Ampeg svt head. Just stupid heavy.

My very first good guitar rig was a 50 Marshall but sitting atop a 1968 Red 8x10 Marshall cab. Not super heavy but not fun to move.

Zonk

Went through a phase of buying Boogie 1-15 combos on eBay. Had four of them at one time including a hardwood one from the 80's. Sounded glorious but impossible to lift.
A buddy has a Nomad 100 1-12 combo, made the mistake of offering the carry it down two flights of stairs for him one night, looked innocent enough but felt like it was full of Lead, I was struggling bigtime and barely made it.

bobcs71

Mesa Roadster
Mesa Electra Dyne
Rivera M60

Still have the Electra Dyne because I don't play out anymore.
If it weren't for casters I wouldn't have been able to use any of them.
All great, great amps, though.
I had an M60 also. Great amp weren't they 85 pounds? It was my lighter alternative to a '68 Bandmaster head and 2x12 combo with EV12-MLs.

Coolidge

Vendor
I was gassing for a Marshall bluesbreaker a few months ago. Then I saw one in person the thing is HUGE, I quickly retreated.

Trending Topics