The Hog 2 is incredible!

Proton Lenny

Silver Supporting Member
I used to own one of these bad boys and sold it for some dumb reason (probably making room for other gear). But DAMN can this big box do a lot. I don't see to many people using it on thegearpage (probably due to size and const). I'll definitely be doing a full review of it on my Youtube Channel once I get the preset controller in. I was fooling around with this lead synth patch I'd dialed in and this odd meter jam just grew from that. The tracking, my god the tracking! Enjoy.

Occam

Gold Supporting Member
Don't believe him people...the POG is real, the illuminati don't want you to know it really exists!

Black_Label

Another question about the Hog2: if you're using it with the foot controller that saves presets, can you send MIDI program changes to change presets? Or is MIDI just for making control changes to live settings on the Hog?

Proton Lenny

Silver Supporting Member
Another question about the Hog2: if you're using it with the foot controller that saves presets, can you send MIDI program changes to change presets? Or is MIDI just for making control changes to live settings on the Hog?
I actually plan on using a Disaster Area Designs DMC controller with the Hog. It works just like the preset box, but allows you to have full midi function as well. And yes it can save presets too!

la noise

Great playing and composition! :aok

I personally found the HOG/HOG2 both a
little too bright and chirpy for my tastes.

Great pedals that can definitely inspire, though. :)

Proton Lenny

Silver Supporting Member
Great playing and composition! :aok

I personally found the HOG/HOG2 both a
little too bright and chirpy for my tastes.

Great pedals that can definitely inspire, though. :)
Thanks! I can see the Hog being a bit bright on guitar, but it sits great with bass! Also, the filter and spectral gate help a lot in taming the highs to taste.

Its enormous- the only downside
This is definitely true. It is why I got rid of it the first time. But you just can't get a lot of its sounds from any other pedal.

So what's the difference between a hog 2 and pog 2? If able a really basic explanation :)
There are a LOT of differences. The Hog is a MUCH more complex pedal, but the size and price reflect that.
  • First off, the Pog does dry output, -2, -1, +1, and +2. The Hog does Dry, -2, -1, unison, +5th, +1, +1+5th, +2, +2+3rd, +3, and +4
  • The Pog has a filter, the Hog has a better filter with totally adjustable resonance resonance
  • The Pog offers a single attack slider, the Hog has separate envelopes for both low and high harmonies
  • Pog has 8 presets, with the preset box the Hog can have around 100
  • Hog has a spectral gate which drastically changes the character of the sound, giving you even more sonic possibilities
  • Hog has 7 expression modes, including the amazing freeze-gliss
  • The Hog is physically way bigger than the Pog

Trending Topics