The Hound's "Ten Great Punk Rock TV Moments"

Dave2512

Iggy not looking too good there amazing he made it given the abuse he subjected himself to.

Papanate

Iggy not looking too good there amazing he made it given the abuse he subjected himself to.

Ha Ha...are you kidding? He's having a go with the interviewer - he gaudied himself up to screw with people.
That said - here is the 70 year old man himself.
Iggy-Pop.jpg

Tommy Biggs

Silver Supporting Member
Some of you will appreciate this collection of vintage clips compiled by Jim "The Hound" Marshall of WFMU fame:

http://pleasekillme.com/jim-marshalls-ten-great-punk-rock-tv-moments-2/#more-5987

This 'un in particular kills it. This is how to be a rock star:

Johnny with the monkey on his back, pretty wild stuff even back then. Dolls were so badass.

Interesting to see the backup bass player in the shadows there - looks to be playing a T bird bass? The audience seems to not have been ready for the dolls!

The most punk thing I ever saw on tv was Charo on the Vicki Lawrence Show defending Beavis and Butthead to VL and the other guests, who I think were the Landers' sisters.

I have looked long and hard and it has never turned up on youtube.

Charo appears to reference an episode where B&B end up in prison, as she refers to them as "Beaver & Butthole," which is what their cellmate in said episode calls them.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom