The insane 3 month (and counting) battle to get my G&L fixed

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by james..., Jun 29, 2020 at 4:46 PM.

1. Doug's Tubes

Doug's Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Oh I have no use for the under counter soap dispenser, it would have saved me a $162 service call however if I had the thing done when the kitchen was installed. Turns out a year later I had a reverse osmosis water filtration system installed for drinking water and I needed a hole for a second faucet......

2. Patrick B

Patrick B Member

So 1 mm is the difference between a wonderful guitar and an unplayable one?

:eek:

Suave Eddie likes this.
  3. AprioriMark

AprioriMark Silver Supporting Member

I... see a lot of people posting who need to make friends.

<3

-Mark

Woowoo, T Dizz, Badtone and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rotten

Rotten Silver Supporting Member

I've had great experience with G&L customer service and once purchased an ASAT Classic through Upfront Guitars, also a very positive experience. I also am sympathetic to the OP. I'm constantly amazed at how sensitive fingers are to slight differences.

5. AdamWrightBass

AdamWrightBass Supporting Member

Call out threads on message boards have been with us for over 20 years now.

6. Man_on_the_Silva_Mountain

Man_on_the_Silva_Mountain Member

SweeeEEEEeet! .. Double bound guitars are always sooo classy .. Good for you, man .. Good luck .. There's an ASAT in my future .. Just not sure which one yet .. Damn i love the build quality of G&Ls

7. FanOfTinyBiscuits

FanOfTinyBiscuits Member

Very odd G&L experience. Recently purchased 2 ASATS used (a 97 Special and a 14 ASAT S Alnico). Emailed with questions both times - no issues, immediate responses.

Hope it’s resolved for you, but my experience has been phenomenal. My first G&L soon became my second G&L. Won’t look back.

8. RJLII

RJLII Member

First world problems.

GeorgeNada likes this.
  9. Arcadia

Arcadia Supporting Member

Sorry, but you're an idiot. Most of that communication was attempted during the height of the pandemic when everyone was on lockdown. Give G&L time to catch up on the obvious backlog they have. You're not at the top of the queue, boss. Get over yourself.

10. whatizitman

whatizitman Member

Yes. And what a wonderful 20 years it's been! :confused:

I will say that I have learned not to pay lots of money to small builders and internet businesses without significant research beforehand, yielding clear evidence of timely production/delivery guarantee. Pandemics aside. In any case, the amount of modern manufactured non-custom products that suit my purposes fine are more than plentiful, and are often a far safer bet.

It didn't take me 20 years to figure that out, though. Maybe two or three "buyer beware" saga threads that have been stickied on gear forums since the 00s was enough to reinforce that hunch.

Not to be (overly) self-righteous. But geez-louise! 20 years is a LOT of red flags, donchathink?

TGP: Cheap assembly line gear breaks and sux!

Also TGP: 2 years and I haven't got my money or guitar/amp/pedal from Oneman Gear Shop!

yoworob likes this.
  11. Jerry G

Jerry G Supporting Member

There is no reason communication was not made. An email can be sent from quarantine. If you really cared about your customers at the least let them know you are working on it.

Terrible customer service.

12. Coiled

Coiled Member

People like you should NEVER EVER EVER.... NEVER EVER EVER.... buy a guitar unless you can play it in person first. You can bring slide rules, scales, and a voodoo Doctor to make sure it’s not cursed. Seriously, please don’t do it again and complain here. You are very picky and should not buy a guitar unseen. It’s YOUR fault.

13. RhytmEarl

RhytmEarl Member

So, I have a related question. Say I put someone here on ignore. Then I post something for sale in the Emporium. Does being on ignore prevent said person from contacting me should they be interested in my item?

Asking for a friend. Close friend. Very close.

14. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Threads like this are why I tip service people extra. I feel bad for the BS they have to deal with on a daily basis.

JPH118, xzacx, steelers88 and 5 others like this.
  15. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

Can you hear me now? :D

RhytmEarl likes this.
  16. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

Again, as has been stated over and over in multiple threads, you have no right to assume what level of efficiency that ANY company could operate at under the current circumstances, unless it's your own company. :rolleyes:

17. Jerry G

Jerry G Supporting Member

Unless everyone in the company was sent to the hospital, I would at the least expect notification.

Doesn't matter who stated what, terrible customer service.

18. sleep

sleep Member

Every one working in management recently got a second job- managing their people through the pandemic. That is in addition to layoffs/unplanned workforce reductions, cuts in pay, and an uncertain future, and speaking for myself, I have never managed through this type of event before and it has been difficult and time consuming, especially at the onset (March/April) which is when the OP's issues seem to have started.

When things get incredibly tight, you prioritize, and I would like to hear G&L's side of this story. I understand that customer service cannot be sacrificed, but most reasonable people are going to understand that things are tough and it's not business as usual right now.

I haven't called as many gear manufacturers in my entire life as the OP has done in the past few weeks. I cannot imagine what there is to talk to Mesa about for an hour. That, and the fact that he's worked up over a .3 mm (~1/64th of an inch, roughly) difference says a lot to me about his neediness... and so does this thread. Still, I hope he gets what he paid for, and that G&L comes through for him.

19. olejason

olejason Member

There's a certain type of buyer who seems to always have issues that require contacting sellers. To be honest I think some people just enjoy making calls like that.

20. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Things get lonely in a quarantine.