The "insert image" thing is broken

Discussion in '"How To" Tips for the new Software' started by hogy, May 26, 2019.

1. 2leod

2leod Re-Member Gold Supporting Member

38 clicks from the town with a woman's name
    FWIW, I can see all the Facebook pictures posted - it might have something to do with being logged in to FB at the computer even if a Facebook window isn't open.

2. JimmyB

JimmyB Silver Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure it's not that, as I'm definitely not logged into my seldom-used FB account in this Chrome session, nor in Firefox... which I use for everything other than TGP... long story...

On the other hand, it may be related to leftover junk (cookies) from past accesses of FB...

2leod likes this.
  3. 2leod

2leod Re-Member Gold Supporting Member

38 clicks from the town with a woman's name
    That sounds more likely, JB.

4. mango

mango Member

[​IMG]

I can see all images posted in this thread,the image I posted is from FB,but I had to open the image itself to get a working link.
    It wouldn't work just from the news feed.

R3deemed likes this.
  5. hogy

hogy Member

I see nothing but [ I M G ]. Win 10 as well. On two different computers, two different locations, two different providers.

6. hogy

hogy Member

This I can see.

7. hogy

hogy Member

Firefox.

8. stratamania

stratamania Member

Well OK, though all images or pics need a link for embedding so not sure then from what you stated what you were trying to do.

9. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

I see all the photos on my phone browser but only some on my work computer, do you have any kind of firewall set up where you are using your computers?? my work comp is very picky. I can see pics on musicians friend but not sweetwater. ebay and amazon but not reverb. tubes and more but not tube depot, etc etc. within TGP I rarely see any imgur or photo hosted pics either

10. gnappi

gnappi Member

Ummm click on the little image icon, add link, and nothing bit a single fragmented [IMG tag appears, no image.

LoveRock likes this.
  11. stratamania

stratamania Member

OK, so when you copy a link of an image into the image tab the picture is not visible. Where are the images hosted?

12. gnappi

gnappi Member

13. hogy

hogy Member

Ok, I figured it out. It's the Firefox add on called "Facebook Container". It locks facebook in so they can't track what you do on other sites. Evidently this also mean you can't link to your own pictures on facebook.

big mike likes this.
  14. Stevo57

Stevo57 Supporting Member

Worked for me...

15. hogy

hogy Member

All I see is:

Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.

I guess that means I won't see any fb pictures on this forum anymore. That's a bummer, but I'm not removing the tracking protection.

16. cptgone

cptgone Member

I can see this.

When I try to paste a screenshot (taken using Win 10's Snipping Tool) nothing happens. When I post it on paste.pics and copy it from there, pasting DOES work.

17. LoveRock

LoveRock Member

I miss drag and drop images. Uploading to another site and then linking here is a chore. Can't "copy > paste" an image from my computer, either.

DewieCox likes this.
  18. skullfunkerry

skullfunkerry Member

I can't get images to work, I've tried pasting links from Dropbox and Onedrive and all I get is a broken image icon. And yes, I have made the pictures publically available in the other sites :)

19. big mike

big mike Plexi Loving Admin Staff Member

Image needs to resolve in .jpg or the like. If it's not, it won't work. I use imgur and Instagram (and photobucket) with no issues. Linking from facebook can be an issue, not sure why.

uploading images to tgp accounts I believe works but I think you have to be subscribing member...I don't know the full deets on that.