the island of misfit Gibsons

DrumBob

Gold Supporting Member
Add the Holy V, the Holy Explorer, the reverse monstrosities of those models, and the Longhorn. All stupid failures. How about the SG X too? Another weirdo. And we can't forget the Zoot Suit SG. Pitiful.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Bashing Gibson threads are so 2010......Isn't this the year of Pedal Builder Thrashing?:sarcasm

Sweetfinger

Silver Supporting Member
I own a couple weirdos from the 80s. A Futura in "Ultraviolet" like this one, but mine has a tuneomatic:

I also have a Corvus II in orange, which is the bolt neck guitar with the same shape. The pic is a Corvus III:

And I DO use them for blues gigs....occasionally.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
I own a couple weirdos from the 80s. A Futura in "Ultraviolet" like this one, but mine has a tuneomatic:

I also have a Corvus II in orange, which is the bolt neck guitar with the same shape. The pic is a Corvus III:

And I DO use them for blues gigs....occasionally.
I'm feeling a PAC Man influence here:rotflmao

taez555

Oh man, I used to have a Gibson very similar to that one in the OP's pic; but it was only a single cut flat top with regular HH pickups, pearl pickguard and Kahler trem. (Ok, somewhat "similar". Same color, same headstock shape, etc) The SN put the date at 1989.

Unfortunatly I sold it in 1994. Still to this day I have no idea what kind of guitar it was. Either a Les Paul Jr or Melody Maker or something? It sounded good.

The only guitar I ever regret selling.

Trending Topics