the island of misfit Gibsons

mike shaw

Not sure if this is a custom Gibson or custom something else but Billy Gibbons had a really cool fat bodied guitar in the 80's or early 90's. Come to think of it, Dusty had a similar bass. It was a fat bodied guitar like an F5, I don't recall it having f-holes, single rounded cutaway and it had a Firebird neck. I believe it was a chrome finish or natural metal like a National or Dobro. I saw it some rock and roll awards show that ZZ appeared at and played Sharp Dressed Man.

Any one have any photos or know what I'm talking about?

Fitzer

Supporting Member
I can respect Gibson for releasing a lot of guitars that they know won't sell very well, but doing it anyways because they just want to. That's pretty rock and roll if you ask me.

supa-fuzz

Fitzer said:
I can respect Gibson for releasing a lot of guitars that they know won't sell very well, but doing it anyways because they just want to. That's pretty rock and roll if you ask me.
That is one school of thought, the other is just them cobbling something together to get rid of surpluss parts.

RJLII

Surprised no one seems to have mentioned the 80's or early 90's (i think mid 80's) Gibson "Victory". A fender meets gibson affair that failed miserably.
Roscoe used to play one of those when he was with the Buzztones (Ann Arbor/Detroit) in the '80s. A great bar band. He always sounded awesome when he played in Kalamazoo.

Trending Topics