The Jayhawks tomorrow night at First Ave!

Black Squirrel

Gold Supporting Member
AWESOME, I just got tickets for 10/27 .75 miles from my house. I saw this lineup on the Smile tour. twice.

BMX

Nice! I saw Gary and Karen perform this spring. Too bad about Gary and Marc falling out- doesn't sound like they'll play together for a long time (if ever). My first Jayhawks show was life changing. I had never heard of them going in..

traviswalk

In the Great State
Platinum Supporting Member
Love them, love them, love them. Thank you for the prompt, I will be going to Austin to see them on October 13th! Yeah!!!

airportbar

The reunion album with Marc was dreadful. I'm fine with this line-up, as the Sound of Lies through Rainy Day Music period was a personal favorite for me, notwithstanding all the accolades those first few albums seem to get.

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
The reunion album with Marc was dreadful. I'm fine with this line-up, as the Sound of Lies through Rainy Day Music period was a personal favorite for me, notwithstanding all the accolades those first few albums seem to get.
Huh. I like that album. Saw the tour to (2nd row). It was great.

Peace,

wesv

Love this band but didn't know about the recent falling out with Marc.

What happened?

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
Interesting article, but only one side of the story. I suspect Mark and Gary would tell a bit of a different tale.

Peace,

cg

Gold Supporting Member
Holy cow that was an amazing show! I have seen The Jayhawks a bunch and that was one of the very best of the bunch. They sounded so incredibly good. I saw them twice on the reunion tours and I am thrilled they are back to this lineup. Gary, Karen and Tim on vocals are perfection to me.

Gear report: Gary played his iconic SG, his Hamer V and his Rickenbacker. His AC30 was on standby and he played a Bad Cat all night. Sounded fabulous! Such a tasty player.

Only downside? They did not play "Sound of Lies".

Trending Topics