1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

"The Journey" - a song for my dad

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Kewlpack, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Kewlpack

Kewlpack Member

My dad has been going through a LOT of rough times in the last few years. He and my mom have been on my mind and in my prayers daily. So I decided I'd put a song together for him.

I thought it turned out sorta okay and that you might enjoy giving it a listen (?). I did it with the brand new Jackson DK2 Dinky I got at lunch yesterday...

Oh yeah... used the V-Amp Pro for all guitar parts. The drums are an ACID loop.

The leads are a little sloppy - one take for the clean lead and one take for the crunch lead. I might go back and clean it up a little - but I like the raw feel of it.

It's called "The Journey".

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=298873

Submitted for your perusal...

This is my first song posting - please be gentle!

2. journo

journo Member

Hi,

I remember my first post. Wish it had as much good playing as yours do.

I do miss some bass, however.

Cheers,

Mats N

3. Kewlpack

Kewlpack Member

Thanks Mats.

Unfortunately I don't have a bass. I could go back in with an ACID loop and lay down some bass... might be worth it! :)

4. Kewlpack

Kewlpack Member

Fixed several things, remixed, and added some new leads after 2:00 mark.

Thanks again for letting me abuse your ears. ;)