• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

The joy of batteries that you keep

Grenville

At the start of the year I decided to make my more portable B-rig (honestly, life is too short to not have a B-rig) really portable and remove the power supply.

I now power the 7 pedals from a rechargeable powerbank via a Songbirdfx Birdcord 5v-9v upconverter.

I'm loving how quiet and portable this rig is now. Did I say portable?

Anyone else ditching psu's for rechargeables?

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I have a small board I power with a Pedaltrain Volto. Needed that solution to use my favorite OD pedal (that doesn’t take batteries) on a grab-and-go jam session board.

I’ve toyed with the idea of the songbird stuff for one of my home boards, but I kind of prefer leaving everything plugged in and ready to go. Most power banks I’ve seen would continue to run down in that situation.

Grenville

Yep, I do need to unplug it from the powerbank between uses, but it's still secured under the board, so no worries about losing or misplacing it.

Calebz

Both my boards run on Warwick rockpower batteries. Easy, quiet. Everything is mounted under the board. Next step is to mount an extension for the charging plug, directly to the frame of the board. Just plug the board in to charge.

Added note: the Warwick batteries are not expensive, and they have an off switch.

Trending Topics