The Kingsley Page Tube Boost club

Lupus87

I want to start this club to talk about the Kingsley Page. The main thread relating to the Kingsley pedals (AKA The Kingsley Pedal Club) is an immense source of useful data, but often conversations are interrupted and information is buried by newer posts.
That's why I open this exclusive Kingsley Page Tube Boost club. Here we can share thoughts and recommendations about this great pedal.

Welcome!

Vishnu

"but often conversations are interrupted and information is buried by newer posts."

Intermission

eh?

Last edited:

skipper2101

I'll jump in. Received the Page, Harlot and Constable about a week ago.
Haven't even used the Harlot or Constable yet.
I am stuck on just how great the Page is. Fearing my own honeymoon infatuation, I conducted a blind demo with the wife. Three out of three times she picked tones that included the Page, either as a standalone or boosting downstream.
Totally unscientific and subjective I know, but there is a certain magic in that pedal, to me anyways.

ToneIsKing55

Silver Supporting Member
I'll jump in. Received the Page, Harlot and Constable about a week ago.
Haven't even used the Harlot or Constable yet.
I am stuck on just how great the Page is. Fearing my own honeymoon infatuation, I conducted a blind demo with the wife. Three out of three times she picked tones that included the Page, either as a standalone or boosting downstream.
Totally unscientific and subjective I know, but there is a certain magic in that pedal, to me anyways.
Psssst. If you think that’s good, Wait till you try the other 2. ;)

Lupus87

Loving my Page, got it about a month ago. Tried some different tubes and settled on a old NOS Long Plate Raytheon 12AX7. I’m using it with the gain on 10. Killer low gain drive.
What did you notice in the sound with the tube swap?

zztomato

Hmm, thinking I need to try a regular Page again. Had a V1 a few years ago and remember thinking it was good but, at the time, liked my KTR better for boosting. I'm more into lighter OD tones these days so could be good.

radioboyeric

What are fellow Page users stacking with their Page (or DS)? I was contemplating putting my Lightspeed first and then pushing that with a Page. Or do users suggest the Page as a first stage OD?

I’m on the waiting so I have to live vicariously through ya’ll.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
What are fellow Page users stacking with their Page (or DS)? I was contemplating putting my Lightspeed first and then pushing that with a Page. Or do users suggest the Page as a first stage OD?
My main drive section is a Page -> Maiden D with EQ Lift/Boost -> Page DS. The first Page is set up so that if I roll my guitar back to somewhere between 6 and 7, it's more or less unity volume, and still fairly clean. Cranking the guitar gets me into light OD, both from the Page itself, and the Page pushing the Maiden a little. Turn off the Page and crank the guitar for a solid clean from the Maiden.

The Page DS is set for more distortion, and kicking in the EQ Lift pushes it harder, for a medium drive (but still fairly under control.) Kicking in the first Page again gets into fairly high gain territory. Not metal high gain, but fairly high gain nonetheless.

Abram4235

I’m on the waiting so I have to live vicariously through ya’ll.
Tube pedals into solid state pedals are a no-go in all of the testing I've done.

SS pedals with a mid hump usually sound great into a Page but the best I've found and what I'm using now is Minstrel into Page.

radioboyeric

Tube pedals into solid state pedals are a no-go in all of the testing I've done.

SS pedals with a mid hump usually sound great into a Page but the best I've found and what I'm using now is Minstrel into Page.
So something like a TS circuit into the page?

My main drive section is a Page -> Maiden D with EQ Lift/Boost -> Page DS. The first Page is set up so that if I roll my guitar back to somewhere between 6 and 7, it's more or less unity volume, and still fairly clean. Cranking the guitar gets me into light OD, both from the Page itself, and the Page pushing the Maiden a little. Turn off the Page and crank the guitar for a solid clean from the Maiden.

The Page DS is set for more distortion, and kicking in the EQ Lift pushes it harder, for a medium drive (but still fairly under control.) Kicking in the first Page again gets into fairly high gain territory. Not metal high gain, but fairly high gain nonetheless.
I use mine very similarly. Biggest difference is that instead of Maiden D I have a Two Rock preamp (so the DS is in the effects loop).
Also, I max the gain on the Page, which is, in my opinion, still not very gainy. I mostly play with single coils; I'm sure that it would be a lot more with humbuckers. Also, the volume of the Page is slightly above unity, so it acts as a boost. DS has a lower gain tube in it (I always forget if it's a 12AY7 or 12AT7) which I prefer a lot over the other types I've tried. Gain of DS is at 2, so mild overdrive by itself, and even a little more boosted by the Page. Love these sounds with a Tele, but when I play with my Strat, I tend to favour the Constable over the DS...

radioboyeric

Yep, TS or Klons work well. They both sound a little different. Klons are a little cleaner but I prefer a TS out of the 2.
I switch back and forth with my TS 808 and my OCD for boosting solos or higher gain rhythms...I curse that I sold my Tumnus deluxe and Archer!
I do love the 808 though.

Trending Topics