• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

The Kingsley Pedal Club

Do you know what the Bard upgrades are going to include? The Troubadour is Simon’s upgraded design following the custom orders for the 5E3 Deluxe preamp. I think it is cool that he adjusts with what customers want, request, and he is willing to put the R&D time/effort into for a custom fee. He may like the challenge and he strives for delivering the best he can muster.
I wonder what the difference between the Troubadour and Ceres is?

Musicbox Superhero

Platinum Supporting Member
Now I’m curious on all the 5e3 variations to come from the original. You guys have me jealous with all the extra options I wish I had thought of :)

Curious on the bard changes too if anyone knows...I tried to get a Bard with my most recent order, but they were out of enclosures for 6 months. Maybe that explains it

Matt E

I wonder what the difference between the Troubadour and Ceres is?
I forget everything he said, but it had mainly to do with using the bright and normal channels independently and the ability to run simultaneously. Paraphrase here, but he said he had some ideas that he improved upon and I just told him I trust his circuit design. He also dubbed it the Troubador in keeping with his naming schema; maybe a sign that it will soon be a standard option? He may yet tweak and find other changes before he settles on a standard design. The Ceres I believe was a custom name request by the purchaser.

I forget everything he said, but it had mainly to do with using the bright and normal channels independently and the ability to run simultaneously. Paraphrase here, but he said he had some ideas that he improved upon and I just told him I trust his circuit design. He also dubbed it the Troubador in keeping with his naming schema; maybe a sign that it will soon be a standard option? He may yet tweak and find other changes before he settles on a standard design. The Ceres I believe was a custom name request by the purchaser.
Yea the Ceres is the pedal on its way to me. Similarly to you, I threw a few ideas Simon's way and let him come up with the design and additional features. You'd have to think that a tweed preamp will be as standard option soon

Musicbox Superhero

Yea the Ceres is the pedal on its way to me. Similarly to you, I threw a few ideas Simon's way and let him come up with the design and additional features. You'd have to think that a tweed preamp will be as standard option soon
Yup, I’d bet we’ll see more of it for sure. It sounds so good...might be my favorite Kingsley preamp. That paired with boost or all the other options I can see this being really popular. The phase splitter on it gets you so many different sounds.

please report back all those that are getting different models of it. Might have to order another based on how everyone’s is :)

Yup, I’d bet we’ll see more of it for sure. It sounds so good...might be my favorite Kingsley preamp. That paired with boost or all the other options I can see this being really popular. The phase splitter on it gets you so many different sounds.

please report back all those that are getting different models of it. Might have to order another based on how everyone’s is :)
I probably asked previously... but have you you tried it FOA?

Mcentee2

Thanks for this confirmation, sorry it took so long to reply!

I had a deeper dig around my bits drawer and have found what looks to be a US style 9v supply that might be the one that came with the Page v2 but I must have cast it aside when opening the box and used a UK one.

It is a Triad Switching Mode supply, 9v 0.8A

P/N: WSU090-0800-R
Model: WS2U090-0800

Is this the right one ?

Sorry to ask again, but think it got lost in the new stuff for a page or so!!

Is this PSU the one that Simon provides?

Triad Switching Mode supply, 9v 0.8A

apalazzolo

Gold Supporting Member
Sorry to ask again, but think it got lost in the new stuff for a page or so!!

Is this PSU the one that Simon provides?

Triad Switching Mode supply, 9v 0.8A

9v and 0.8 amps is correct for the page.

Mcentee2

9v and 0.8 amps is correct for the page.
Hiya, thanks and understood, but I am trying to find out if this was the actual original psu that Simon provides with the Page v2.

As I say, I can't use it anyway in the UK and I use others, but I want to keep them together in case I ever sell it.

Musicbox Superhero

I probably asked previously... but have you you tried it FOA?
Yup! I tried it first with my normal board that goes into either a power station 2 or a two notes cab m and it sounds awesome. Also put a page TS v2 in front of it and then into the front of my two rock studio sig...not a bad sound in there :) Simon is truly a master at making these custom creations

Krausewitz

Comrades: I want to get a boost in front of my Page to turn it into an OD. I was thinking TC Spark mini, but I was wondering if you guys have found any great combos. I was also thinking instead of a pure boost about getting a flat EQ'd OD that does a good boost, so I could add a little extra compression if desired. Thanks!
An EQ pedal with sufficient dB boost does the trick.

Krausewitz

Hiya, thanks and understood, but I am trying to find out if this was the actual original psu that Simon provides with the Page v2.

As I say, I can't use it anyway in the UK and I use others, but I want to keep them together in case I ever sell it.
Why not just use a converter? That’s what I do.

Mcentee2

Why not just use a converter? That’s what I do.
Thanks, I understand all that.

My question is about if that PSU is the one Simon distributes with the pedals when he sends them out, so I know to package it up with the v2 if and when I decide to sell it.

apalazzolo

Gold Supporting Member

i think so ... i don't my board here though. from memory, yes ... that's the exact one,

Matt E

Received a Jouster V2 bought off of Reverb today. Had a little time to play before the kids went to bed. Pretty awesome. I’ve waited for three years to find one either reasonably priced or on the list for a V3; if and when that one comes out.

Shipped without a power adapter, but I was in luck and had one on hand that met the spec requirements (12V DC 1000 mA Center +). I have no idea what that adapter was for originally, but glad I held onto it for tonight. Will possibly look for the Strymon or the Ciosk power supply sometime down the line. Excited to play some more tomorrow .

Trending Topics