The Kingsley Pedal Club

OrangeAD30TC

The venerable H.W.
Thanks H.W. for the video.

So which of the Kingsley pedals did you decide to keep?

Thanks
I would have kept the jouster but I just don't have a use for it. I'll be keeping the jester, and I have a page I am still undecided on. Honestly they are all great. I would have kept the minstrel. It I wanted to get a jester for the separate boost and I think that was a good call.

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
I would have kept the jouster but I just don't have a use for it. I'll be keeping the jester, and I have a page I am still undecided on. Honestly they are all great. I would have kept the minstrel. It I wanted to get a jester for the separate boost and I think that was a good call.
If the Jester is the flagship, the Jouster seems to be the dark horse.

Would love a comparison of the boost on the Jester to the Page when you get a chance. Keep up the good work, enjoying the vids.

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
Big fan. Not my current board, but one I still use in variations.

After seeing HW's video above and your picture, I need to try some other settings with my Jester. I typically use mode 1 for the boost, which is the fullest boost. Sometimes I use mode 3 (mid boost), but I have almost never used the mode 2 on the boost, which is treble boost. I also have been running my mids at 2 to 3 oclock depending on the amp, but I see you and HW have them around 11 o'clock.

scotty31

If only he could find someone to demo his stuff that could really play :)

Seriously, the fact that he's such a good player directly impacts how good his stuff is.
of all the demo's I've seen, he is the best player.
great chops. I've started watching his vids just to get some of those licks down pat.
Damn white shoes too. my shoes aren't that clean :(

Tompski

Gold Supporting Member
Another new video from Simon:

Isn't a 700w power-amp a little overkill?
If you wanted a nice lightweight alternative to lugging a big valve amp around then this set up is very appealing, so for instance a single 12" speaker cab, some of these pre-amps and pedals and finally a power amp. But to emulate a valve amp not many people would need anything more than 30-50Watts for small to medium sized gigs surely? Or am I missing something in Simon using this one?
On that, if I am right can anyone recommend a lower wattage power amp that still has great quality?

ToneIsKing55

Silver Supporting Member
If you wanted a nice lightweight alternative to lugging a big valve amp around then this set up is very appealing, so for instance a single 12" speaker cab, some of these pre-amps and pedals and finally a power amp. But to emulate a valve amp not many people would need anything more than 30-50Watts for small to medium sized gigs surely? Or am I missing something in Simon using this one?
On that, if I am right can anyone recommend a lower wattage power amp that still has great quality?
For the same wattage a tube amp is typically much louder than solid state.

zztomato

Well, people misunderstand the relationship between watts and power in terms of db. For example, the difference between a 50w marshall and a 100w marshall is 3 db in terms of measured sound pressure. Doubling your power will give you and extra 3db of sound pressure (somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's something like that). So a solid state power amp @700w may not be as loud as you are assuming. I'm sure it's plenty, but still...
I used to have a 300w Acoustic Image amp that would easily be drowned out by my 22w Deluxe Reverb.

Trending Topics