The klon Return

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tjmicsak, Jan 21, 2012.

1. tjmicsak

tjmicsak Member

I'm happy to hear of Bill being at the Rocket Pedal booth at NAAM with the new Klon. So many have been waiting for the eventual release of the final product, as well as myself who had spoken to Bill and gotten the $235? cost to order and hesitated to order right away some mere weeks before the hammer dropped and started the long close to two year wait for the reincarnation to happen. I really don't think Bill would settle for a lesser child here compared to the product he had been providing to all who purchased the original gold or silver Klon.
    What Bill has done for his product and marketing has obviously been what he felt was in good interest as well as what was needed to continue on to provide the product to his customer base. I for one am glad to see it is geting near the release and order time, being again, one who simply through my own lack of action missed the first boat, but I hope everyone who has been waiting will be pleased with the end result. Having the buffer switchable is certainly a plus. I wish Bill a great forthcoming christening and commisioning on the new revised Klon and hope it meets all expectations for all of us who have patiently waited these years to buy one. Thanks for finally ending the wait Bill. Let's everyone give this new version it's fair welcome and let gearmandude do the rightfull old vs new comparisson to set the record straight...

2. Hecube

Hecube Senior Member

3. tibbon

tibbon Member

There is a video out comparing them currently :) I didn't think there was a record to set straight? They sound pretty much the same, and if anything the new one sounded a hair 'better' to me, but mostly the same. But you're right, Bill wouldn't put out junk. This isn't a lesser pedal at all. I personally think it looks great, but even if not its a tool for me and I'm not overly wrapped up in how it looks. I care how it sounds first and foremost.

Perhaps when I'm in Boston in the next few weeks I'll see if I can get my hands on the new one again so I can do an updated and longer video between the new and old one. However if its coiley cables, Jack Black, a Dr Z amp, a shaky camera and alligator boots you're looking for... then I can't promise that :)

4. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

5. JTL

JTL Member

:hide Tibbon, you're kind of an obvious shill for this thing. Make it a little less blatant, and you'll have me convinced.

6. Class5

Class5 Member

:facepalm Surely, there are enough threads about this?

7. tjmicsak

tjmicsak Member

T-
    no I 'm not suggesting the boots, coily cable and Z atmosphere, just the plain and simple for the doubting Thomas's.
    What has transspired has happened for reasons we all have no part of or bearing, but the results of are soon forthcoming and I am bearing them with my own personal positive anticipation.
    This pedal does not reside on the boards of many pro musicians because of false hype. The pedal has been a staple of tone to those who have owned one and I am hopefull that legacy shall continue in an even better fashion. my thoughts were that a fair representation would confirm that the new release will share every quality earned by the past.
    And I am hearing at even a lower price point....
    Sounds like a no brainer to me...

8. tjmicsak

tjmicsak Member

I apologize for my anticipation of the availability of this pedal to resume soon....
    I don't base my anticipation on hype, but on it's track record. If this anticipation bothers you then please ignore this thread......

9. Class5

Class5 Member

Your anticipation has nothing to do with my comment, merely the number of threads that have been posted over the last week.

10. mc2

mc2 Member

yeah, but only 7 or 8 worthwhile posts. The other 8 million posts are from little rat-clawed specul-haters.

11. bobbyatomic

bobbyatomic Member

Theres a new Klon out?

12. Jim S

Jim S Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

At this point I could care less about the friggin Klon old or new.

Which begs the question why am I even posting in this thread.
    :facepalm

13. jb4674

jb4674 Member

So, where would I order one from?

14. waters

waters Member

15. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

No.

16. Rock Steady

Rock Steady Member

:facepalm:rolleyes::horse:bkw shut the **** up for crying out loud

17. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

It's great that the pedal will soon be available. :)

I do think that the new enclosure and look means that the price of the originals won't really be coming down. This new pedals looks more like the Klones and there's something about those big old Klon boxes thats going to keep them in the stratosphere.

18. ferrell

ferrell Member

amen-we get it.your a klon fan.i own one-so am i.loose the need to defend it every time its mentioned

19. JRBain

JRBain Member

This.

20. TeeVee

TeeVee Member

WTF is a Klon? Is it the same thing as a Horseyman that I occasionally see people talking about?