The Komet Concorde Has Landed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mlongano, Jul 19, 2006.

1. mlongano

mlongano Member

Here are a few pictures of the Concorde. I will follow up with tone reports after I've had a chance to spend some time with it, probably this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sinner

sinner Supporting Member

That's so nice looking in "stealth", congrats! It looks like they didn't put "Concorde" anywhere (on the front anyway)--are you gonna write "Blinkie" on it? (just kidding, can't wait for the tone report--and clips if you can). Also, you do have the Airbrake--or pedals? Curious how they would figure in the report--thanks!

3. BadAssBill

BadAssBill southofnash.com Silver Supporting Member

Mighty fine looking amp Mike. As you play it more, I'd be interested to find out what it's tonal qualities are like.
    I'm amazed at all the bias inputs and tweaks on the back too.

4. Playloudd308

Playloudd308 Supporting Member

Review... Clips?? I know it has the same circuit as the KF50 but i havent heard any clips of that eather.

5. mlongano

mlongano Member

No, it does not say Concorde anywhere on the amp, but then the Komet 60 does not say 60 anywhere either. I have an Airbrake and a Hotplate, as well as an OCD, phaser, flanger, reverb, delay, TTE...the usual effects. I'll try to include them in the report later this weekend, although I am not a fan of attenuators.

I do not have the ability to provide clips, but I'll do my best to describe the sound verbally. Mike at Komet says the clips should be up soon on the website, and I've always found Komet's clips to be highly accurate, as well as much better playing than anything I could do!! I did play it enough to tell you that it sounds awesome. It breaks up earlier than the Komet 60, around three or four on the dial as opposed to five or six on the Komet 60. It has a somewhat different sound than the 60, but I was playing through two different cabs with different speakers. This weekend I'll play both amps through the same cabinet, and the report will be more accurate, eliminating the difference in speakers. The overdrive, as expected, is to die for!! Can't say whether it's better to my ears than the 60...a bit different, but they are both fantastic tones.

6. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

Can't wait for a review and, of course clips!

7. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

i'd like to hear a comparison between that and the constellation. do you have any experience with the constellation

8. mlongano

mlongano Member

Unfortunately...no.

9. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

do you use a footswitch with the TTE. Im trying to figure out what the sound-on-sound function is.

10. mlongano

mlongano Member

No, but then I don't gig where you may need the ability to turn it on and off at will in the middle of a song. I just use the TTE to give the overall tone a little depth.

11. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Hey Mike. Congrats! Very nice. I love the stealth look. The red/BLK is still my all time favorite though. I'll talk to you soon. Enjoy! Mel

12. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Specs? any history or anything like what is it designed after?

13. Playloudd308

Playloudd308 Supporting Member

14. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

jealousy is evil.
    envy is evil.
    lust is evil.
    coveting is evil.
    regardless....

15. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Nice score...as much as I love to see wood grain, I think i prefer the stealth look on this amp.

Greg

16. trisonic

trisonic Member

I much prefer the Stealthy look.
    You can't go wrong with Komet stuff.

Best, Pete.

17. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

maybe i was so in love w/ the limited, but i think i prefer the stealth, as well.
    dig the looks of the 60 and the constellation, but am far less excited by the looks of the concorde.
    again, maybe it's just because i was so smitten w/ the limited (now kicking myself for waiting), but the wood fascia along w/ the metal triangle "V" doesn't jingle my bells.
    the stealth is sexierest.

18. mlongano

mlongano Member

There's a guy on the forum who will make you a box for the Komet that looks pretty much like the Limited Edition cabinet.

19. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

bob burt?

20. trisonic

trisonic Member

The Stealth has that "form follows function" (Bauhaus?) thing going for it.

I'm not a fan of fancy looking woods even on guitars, people get too "precious" about them and sit looking at them rather than playing them (I'm asking for trouble)........

The odd thing is that I like the fancy woods on Alessandros. I am a contradictory sort of person, though.

Best, Pete.