the little acoustic clip that refused to die

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Greggy, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Greggy

Greggy Member

The Antipodes To All That is Sacred and Pure
    Here it is in a slightly updated version. The intro is my strat thru my recently finished byoc tremolo. I have the depth set shallow, so there isn't that much wobble but just enough to shimmer. The acoustic is my Cort Earth 900 double miced with a KM184 on the neck and a Studio Projects C3 on the bridge. I recorded the bass hot with a lot of drive and midrange, so there is mild clipping at one point. Retracking bass will give me something to do this evening.

acoustic and strat

2. lhallam

lhallam Member

Definitely worth the rise from the dead. Rockin, dig the organ wash in the background.

3. Greggy

Greggy Member

Thanks Lance. The organ is an inexpensive Yamaha S03 synth, I spent some time getting the compression and eq settings right during tracking. Appreciate the listen.

4. anyone

anyone Member

5. Greggy

Greggy Member

Thanks. I finally learned to deep edit my drum machine. This is my first "built from the ground up" drum track. Pretty fun stuff. I'll repost after I correct the bass track.

6. Greggy

Greggy Member

I have recorded a new bass track. Removed some midrange and added more low end by changing amp/DI settings. Also lightened up somewhat on right hand technique/note attack. I'm still new to bass, and my right hand is still a work in progress. At one point, I play a 3 note chord on bass (cool:p ). Here it is:

acoustic and strat with new bass track