The Lo-Fi Reverb Page

I've been on the lookout for lo-fi/old-school-style reverbs, and since I haven't found a dedicated thread for that topic, figured I may as well start one.

I discovered the Ghost Echo last year and fell in love with that Belton Brick sound. A few others that fall into that category are the EQD Levitation (GE-based), Caroline Meteoré, and Foxpedal Magnifica. I traded my GE for a Magnifica, and found that Mag to have a brighter, airier sound than the GE. I'm on the lookout for anything else with this sort of sound.

A few other pedals that have caught my attention are the OBNE Procession, Keeley Memphis Sun, Walrus Fathom, and EHX Holy Grail. I'm open to hearing more about these pedals, or any other ones y'all might suggest.

augur

Dr Scientist The Atmosphere
isp8eiqgkje8mjp8eqzu.jpg

Baskervils

My favorites are:

Death By Audio Reverberation Machine
Solid Gold FX Counter Current

I don't like most pedal reverbs because they frequently have a digital sheen.

Another option is to use the ZVex LoFi Junky with the EQD Dispatch Master. If you get tone from from modulation pedals, the reverb doesn't have to deliver tone and verb.

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I just ordered a VFE Springboard as VFE is shutting down production and is winding up by selling custom versions of some of its pedals. It's a Belton Brick based reverb. Check out the Mike Hermans demos. It sounds great!

Black&Blue

All the pedals listed are good! Best one I've used and continue to is the Recovery Effects Endless Summer...real spring tank and a gritty amplifier. Two controls for mix (wet/dry) and gain. It's a bit of a 1-trick pony, but it does its thing really well. You should check it out...YouTube has a couple few demos.

HomeInMyShoes

I've got a Walrus Fathom. The Lo-Fi setting is interesting and is my second most used option on it. I do like the Plate setting a lot on it. For Lo-Fi reverb though, I would suggest the Catalinbread Adineko. The reverb-ish sound that comes out of it is just ghostly dreamy. With the modulation it can do and the delay as well it is close to becoming the only modulation pedal on my board.

jddub440

EHX Holy Stain. On the tremolo setting the reverb bleeds in and becomes more and more pronounced as you increase the tremolo speed (labeled Amount).

cyberprimate

So lo-fi it uses analog delays (bucket brigade) to emulate reverberation. Same concept as the DOD FX45 from 1985 (first reverb pedal historically), stereo also, same metallic character but with an interesting resonant, organic, quality. Unique but not for everyone.

I love my Meteore and Adineko. The Old Blood Minim is also really cool and might be worth checking out.
Ah yeah, I always forget about the Adineko. Those things sound awesome.

Edit: I also discovered another BB reverb that really caught my eye, the Solidgoldfx Surf Rider III. Every demo that I found sounds fantastic.

Last edited:

radicool

I'm a fan of one-knob pedals, as long as that knob does something good. My one-knob 'verb is a Hermida Reverb. No parameters, no adjustments, just more or less reverb. You either like the sound or you don't. There are so many other knobs to twist on my pedal board; I appreciate anything that eliminates those options.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom