The LOUDEST amp you currently own

2/3 of my current amps are master volume amps, and never get turned up louder than they need to be to be heard over a drummer. That said, what drummer isn't loud? :)

ekajnitram

Currently both my DSL40C and Blues Deluxe are incredibly loud, at home I can't get them up even much past 1 on the dials. The DSL40 for sure does not have the head room the Blues Deluxe has, but the overdriven "clean" from the DSL mixed with the very clean Blues Deluxe in a wet dry setup sounds amazing.

nowhere

I have an old Bluesbreaker RI and a new AC-30. Probably about equal in terms of volume. Way too loud when turned all the way up but I don't actually crank either of them very often. I love the sound of both when quiet and clean and most of my playing is kind of in the Ride/My Bloody Valentine/Cocteau Twins area where any distortion comes from fuzz. Every now and then, when the house is empty, I do love to turn them all the way up and play classic rock type riffs and it's glorious.

SexHaver420

My Matamp GT 150. It makes my 70s Ampeg V4 and my Matamp GTL 140 sound like toys. It's basically if a Sunn Model T and a Matamp GT 120 had a child. A louder monster child. It's still not loud enough for me though. I think i need at least a full stack with EVM12Ls. Maybe two of them. I also think I'm deaf.

Last edited:

crimson on pink

Silver Supporting Member
My Matamp GT 150. It makes my 70s Ampeg V4 and my Matamp GTL 140 sound like toys. It's basically if a Sunn Model T and a Matamp GT 120 had a child. A louder monster child. It's still not loud enough for me though. I think i need at least a full stack with EVM12Ls. Maybe two of them. I also think I'm deaf.
You're sick in a way that i like.

DonaldDemon

Lee Jackson designed Ampeg VL-1002. The amp is one of a batch Lee and his team wired. 4 6550's. It's ear-bleeding into a 4-12. Luckily, it has built-in attenuation, and 2 channels with separate reverb levels. Great sounding amp. Not my main, just for the rare use when huge clean headroom is required. I play Alessandro High End amps, which are also loud for 20 watt Class A amps.
can confirm. i had one of those VL-1002 amps and it was loud as hell!
The VL502 was my first tube head and the weird thing was that it was the quietest tube amp I ever owned. So much so that I had to sell it because I couldn't hear it on stage over the bass and drums. My tech at the time did say it was because it had caught fire at one point and the carbon build up was drawing power, not sure how true that was, but even after he cleaned it up it still wasn't loud enough.

mhenson42

Silver Supporting Member
My Wizard Modern Classic II - KT150 is probably the loudest amp I own, though I’m sure my Mesa Triple Rectifier is pretty close

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Neat thread, but man I can't even tell you the loudest amp I own. . .To tell you that, I would've needed to crank each amp up to 10 with the same type of eq settings thru the same cabinet, and I have amps you definitely can't run on 10 and be in the same room.
With that said, I think it could be my Allynmey Komet Concorde Clone, or My Orange OR120, or my 1971 Marshall SuperLead. . I have many other loud amps too but think it's 1 of those , but I'm not going to check. . lol

Eric

Vht deliverance 60. Coming from a long line of sunns, ampegs, traynors, twins, etc etc, this thing feels as loud as my old sunn coliseum pa on 9. I run the d60 at about 11 o clock on the master volume. Pummeling. I can't imagine a d120.
You got it. The D120 is as loud as my major and my old 200 watt Hiwatt.
I usually run the Deliverance 120 into a Deliverance 4x12 with the Master in the 9-10 o'clock range.

mudster

High Prairie Wrangler
Gold Supporting Member
My absolute loudest amp is my Vintage Vox AC30, but I never crank it all the way up. I don't ever have the need to do so and it also sounds great about 1/2 way up (and loves pedals). Loudest amp I used to gig with and also turned way up was a 100W Seymour Duncan Convertible w/ extension cab. That was a rock n roll beast and an underrated amp!

blaster

My loudest is my BF Deluxe Reverb. Years ago I unloaded my higher wattage amps since I don't play out anymore. For home my Princeton Reverb 65 RI is a great amp that enables me to get to a sweet spot without rattling the windows.

Trending Topics