The Lovepedal Eternity mystery

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tim Z, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Tim Z

Tim Z Member

I am in the market to get a Lovepedal Eternity . . . . just love all the clips and comments I am finding on this pedal. However, there is also so much mystery behind the various versions that Sean has built over the years, which I was unable to fully resolve. I did a few searches here and was able to find a few tidbits about the variations, but nothing very definitive. So I emailed Lovepedal directly and here is the info I received back from Paul:

Hi Tim,
    The link you sent me is for the Eternity Fuse which sells for $214.00...........................................The pedals all have a slightly different circuit with different IC chips.
    The burst is a nice warm Overdirve and was offered in a handwired build and a PCB build.
    The E6 is a high gain pedal more in the distortion area with more low end as well. This is still available on the website.
    The Eternity Overdrive Fuse and the Eternity Fuse are one in the same.
    The Roadhouse is more focused and is more tighter/narrow in response.

The Kanji Eternity is a bit cleaner and warmer with a touch more low end as well.

Thanks,

Paul

So far my favourite clips have been of the Eternity Fuse, but Paul tells me they are not making that pedal anymore and the only current production is the Eternity E6. While I like the $159 price tag for the E6, I am not wanting a version with more gain, more compression and more bass, so I think the Fuse is the version for me. Anybody here have any comments or hands on comparisons of the Fuse to other versions?

2. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

I have a Fuse, and while I have not compared it to the other versions, I will say its a real versatile effect, with the 3 position toggle allowing you to change the gain and eq response. I would recommend it.

3. Tim Z

Tim Z Member

Thanks Man . . . . . . wish there was some way to find out how the Fuse compares to the others. Guess I'll just have to get one and try it for myself. Now to find a used one somewhere. There is one on eBay, but the guy was adamant that he will not ship to Canada!

4. Stonebandit

Stonebandit Member

We have one over here in Australia's eBay. $180 plus postage.
    Check it out. It's a buy it now couple hours to go.

Not affiliated with buyer. But good reports as far as you go.

Keep us posted

5. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

I've got the Burst PCB model (2nd one I've had) Stupidly sold it the first time. It plays nice w/ a Timmy pedal!

6. Stonebandit

Stonebandit Member

I am also tempted my picking up and Eternity Fuse.
    It seems one that remains a favorite out there.
    No doubt one of the many reasons Lovepedal has continued to make several versions of them. They do remain friendly to many.

Mine will have to be for another day, Gassed broke

7. jamiefbolton

jamiefbolton Supporting Member

while the Eternity is my favorite TS pedal....it's still just a TS

8. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

I've hated every TS I've ever played - and I really like my Eternity, so that statement is baseless.

kidmandude likes this.
  9. nerdbot

nerdbot Member

No it is not baseless. Like many boutique pedals it is simply a tweaked tubescreamer circuit, but that doesn't mean it can't sound significantly different.

Hating other tubescreamers but liking the Eternity has nothing to do with the circuit design and everything to do with your personal sonic preference.

10. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Who cares really? My 04 E does not sound like my TS -808. Good enough for me. Sick of this circuit tweaked this & that. He was net even going there. Look at the OP. Drama!:peenut

11. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

The Green Rhino I owned, sounded like a great TS circuit. But my Burst Eternity has never sounded or reacted like a TS circuit designed pedal.

12. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

That's what I've found, yet you have people coming in the thread to take a dump on the Eternity because its supposedly "just another TS pedal". In the real world - that's BS. Those people probably never gigged one. I have, and I do.

13. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

Here we go again...

14. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Never ends dude! Fruitcakes!:nuts

15. Class5

Class5 Member

Well, that didn't take long. :facepalm

16. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

I liked both the E6 and the burst, but I ditched them because they didn't play well with others on the board. Alone they sound great, but something with impedance I've read is why they can be troublesome.

17. nerdbot

nerdbot Member

Man why is everyone getting so worked up and defensive? There are two posts pointing out the Eternity's circuit design including mine, and do not see how they disparage the pedal. jamiefbolton even said it was his favorite TS. He does infer that perhaps it is effectively equivalent to a TS, but that's just his opinion, like how you guys think they sound nothing alike.

My post was simply a statement of facts. I stated that calling the Eternity a TS is not "baseless" and I even pointed out that being a tweaked TS it can still sound "significantly different". I then went on to point out that a circuit design and personal preference can be two totally independent things. That's it. My intent was not to start drama, but it looks like that happened anyway.

18. Class5

Class5 Member

I had that problem, so I've substituted a Wampler Black '65 for the Eternity Burst.

19. Tim Z

Tim Z Member

Now this is something that does concern me, as I do like to stack my dirt pedals. Right now my current board's dirt pedals are LTD, BB Preamp, DDSS and Tiki Drive. I like the DDSS, but I feel I need a change from that pedal and was thinking of replacing it with the Eternity. Probably the only pedal I might stack the Eternity with would be the LTD. Might that be a problem? I had a look at the Wampler Black 65 videos and clips and it sounds interesting. Not sure it is the sound I am after though, but if it stacks well, that is a plus. I kind of want a TS type pedal to go in there and have also been considering the MJM Phantom OD, which I have used and definitely liked. I tried a friends Kalamazoo, and while I liked it all by itself, it did not stack well with my other pedals and didn't really offer anything new for me. FWIW, I play a stereo setup with a 1973 SFSR (modded to a single 12 cab) and a 1973 SFDR.

20. 10strings

10strings Member

I agree!!