The Low-Cost 335 Thing Is Outta Control

Strummerfan

I've seen some hilarious wording in these ads from Chinese made products on Amazon. I'm at work now, but when I have some free time I'll try to hunt down a couple of good ones.

wraub

Dang ... I totally didn't know this.

Here's Liam Gallagher's smashed 355-
1656512022422.png

I recently bought the Harley Benton version of this, the HB 35+, for £225. The body and neck are maple and there is a mahogany sustain block down the centre of the body. The fretboard is Pau Ferro, not a piece of plywood in sight!

The finish is immaculate and it played well right out of the box. It has a great range of tones from the stock pickups with each humbucker switchable to single coil from two pull switches on the volume pots.

Great guitar, once I start playing it, it is difficult to put down it feels so good to play, it is well balanced and feels good to play either sitting or standing.

Outstanding quality regardless of the price, how they can produce a guitar of this quality at this price beats me.

View attachment 643429
Holy guacamole... I want that.

chrisjnyc

Silver Supporting Member
OP, that one looks cheap and probably sounds even cheaper... Get a Firefly for $199

peskypesky

Knowing what goes into making a semi-hollow, I am stunned that they can be produced and sold at such low prices.

Verne Andru

I wasn't even aware of that until I read this thread.
No worries.

It's often forgotten that when plywood was first introduced it was considered a premium product and priced accordingly. Solid woods are not that good for many things as they are prone to cracking and are limited to sizes and etc. Super-durable plywood came along in many previously unseen sizes allowing a boom in various construction trades and etc. Plywood was a pretty revolutionary advancement for the human race.

Accordingly guitar makers were paying more for plywood and proudly advertised they were using the new super-duper wonder-product in their builds. It's only when plywood became cheap and makers started doing acoustics with it that ply started getting a bad rap in the guitar world.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom