• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The M9 or the HD500

Plague Dog

Which one do I want?

I'll be using it mainly with a JCM2000, just for the effects mostly. The M9 I believe you can only use two effects at a time, The hd500 does up to 8 (a bit of overkill, but at least you have the option)

I understand you can edit effects easier on the fly with the M9, burt once I have my patches set up I probably won't need to edit much.

slap_back05

The M9 does up to 3 at once, and can operate in scene mode (up to 3 effects on/off with one switch).

However, if it's all you're plugging in, I'd go with the HD500. You'll probably want more than the M9 can do with easy access.

dannopelli

Most guys who use the M9 professionally use it for the time based and other similar FX. It does not have an FX loop and only does three at a time. So they replace their delay, Chorus, Flange, Reverb, Octave, etc with this unit. Then they keep their existing dirt, compression, wah, etc.

I used the HD 500 for quite a while as a pedalboard replacement. The learning curve is considerable compared to the M9/M13. But it does a heck of a lot more.

So I'm not recommending one over the other. Both are great and both can get you what you want. I got away from the HD 500 because I realized I really only use a few sounds, and if t ever failed I was kind of screwed. Plus I only used a handful of sounds.

So YMMV.

Top Bottom