• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The "marketing" of selling pedals in forums

unreal77

Many sale threads make me think about why people flip.

"Best pedal I have ever owned'.

"No pedal can compare to this one. I love it"

"Amazing tone. Made wonders to my rig."

Etc, etc.

If you love it so much and made a difference to your sound... why the hell sell it?

Discuss.

unreal77

I flip too, its just that most of the time you want to try something else, or the pedal really did't make the cut. So it's funny the Wording on some ads.

We all know what's up. :D

I never put a reason. Sometimes people ask, I want to say "what do you care?" but I usually say, this pedal isn't for me.

I let the pedal makers hype their own wears

mcnabbanov

pedals are cheaper and smaller than amps and guitars so it's a lot easier to flip them. I've had countless pedals in my professional career, some are really nice objectively but just don't jell with your gear and setup, or are too nice and do too much to the point you just fiddle knobs all day and don't play.

BluesHarp

And you never know when that person is spamming the pedal for the builder or a distributor... they are crafty that way.
Always take the accolades up here from people you dont really know or follow with a grain of salt.

unreal77

I understand that tastes change. Its when you "read" the ads, you know its mostly about hype. I sometimes prefer the "its not for me" reason.

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
For myself it's mostly a money thing. In all honesty I would keep most of the gear that I've owned, but money is so tight that I can't afford to. So when I say that whatever gear I'm selling is awesome I truly mean it. When I sell gear it's usually because I want to try a different tone/style. Like now my main amp is a Mesa express 5 50, it's a fantastic amp and I love it, but I've got the Marshall itch. I've tried a few MIAB's and they just didn't cut it. So, the only choice I have now is to sell or trade the Express if I want to switch it up or have patience (yeah right) and save for a year or so. Time will tell!

mcnabbanov

sometimes you just need to sell to make some money up for some unexpected medical or car expenses for example, or another expensive pedal you really want. even though you really like your echoczar your surgery or meds are more important at that moment. then you re-buy it later when you have some funds again

fyler

i don't keep ANY gear that i don't use regularly. NONE. i'm not a collector.
Also, sometimes i need a small influx of cash & gear is easy to move.

Black_Label

I try to be as transparent as possible so when I use superlatives to describe a pedal, I really feel that way. I buy a lot of pedals just to try them and, even if it's a great pedal, it might not fit into my current setup. So I'll flip it. Or I'll flip the pedal it replaced, which is also a great pedal.

Jupiter Tarts

I find that however a pedal is marketed, nothing beats a good personal conversation with the seller. Once it's one on one, I and most people tend to be upfront with buyers.

Like many have said, it's usually because something didn't gel with my gear as much as I liked and the money from that pedal can go towards something that will.

eriwebnerr

Here is a pedal - you guys all know the deal, no explanation needed ..
Only things I care about are the pedal condition and if the seller is trustworthy or not

Trending Topics