The monitors I use with my Kemper are in the shop for a bit. Question on using an amp instead

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Collinisballn, Jul 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Collinisballn

Collinisballn Member

if I turn the cab section off on the kemper, or use a direct profile, could I then plug it into the speaker of my DRRI?

I couldn’t find much info when I googled this. While my monitors are being fixed, I figured it’d be cool to see what a Dumble ODS sounds like through my cannibis Rex speakers

2. CloneTone

CloneTone Member

Do you have the Kemper Powerhead, with onboard amp?

Like this:
    [​IMG]

3. Collinisballn

Collinisballn Member

Sorry, I should have specified. I have the unpowered toaster head

Is there any easy way to use the DRRIs power amp? Or would I have to buy a separate one?

4. CloneTone

CloneTone Member

Without an effects loop on the back of the DRRI, you'd have to use the front input. I've never tried it though.

EDIT: You'd definitely want a separate powered amp, if you want to take the Fender coloration out of the signal chain.

The guys at the Kemper forum know the best amps to get:
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  5. maydaynyc

maydaynyc Supporting Member

I just started experimenting with using a guitar cabinet after only using FRFR monitors. Some of the profiles are great, some not so much. In my case I'm using a custom tones mini power amp into a 1 by 12 open back speaker cab.