The more expensive the pedal the brighter the led. Please stop it!

Guppie

Sometimes, I would like to turn a knob on my pedals without having to put on welding glasses first.
The only argument I hear for doing this is it helps during daytime outdoor shows. That seems like a very narrow application.
I recently purchased a Basic Audio Scarab and was pleasantly surprised with how nice that led is.

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, it’s the one thing I hate about my Walrus Monument. With tap tempo there is always the flashing light going and it’s super bright!

Glitch Magnet

This topic has been broached and exhausted in numerous threads. It's a real problem. Read up on the permanent eye damage blue LEDs can cause! They should be banned by law.

If I can't see the controls or labels due to glare, it's too bright!

Edit: I predict vision impairment will soon surpass hearing damage among long term musicians.

Edit Edit: This post was somewhat in fun, somewhat in anger, somewhat overreaching on my part. Mea culpa here.

Last edited:

Guppie

While many brands don’t allow for it, typically the higher end pedals like Alexander Pedals @DisasterArea etc all have adjustable LEDs. I’d make sure you checked your manuals. Or email the mfr.
Anasound is the only pedal I've owned with adjustable led. Not my Keeley, Black Arts, blackout effectors, Mojo Hand, T-Rex, Bondi etc.

Trending Topics