• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

The more expensive the pedal the brighter the led. Please stop it!

JackD

Platinum Supporting Member
GREAT comment!! I just got a wonderful ThorpyFx Camoflange. Killer (expensive) pedal, BUT the LED is blinding!! I can't even look at it to change the controls. I am going to either use sunglasses or find some way to cover up the two LEDs (one is always on flashing the rate) to diminish the brightness.

PhuzzphayzZ

My Used SeaMachine came with a dot of tape, thanks buddy! (at first I thought it was candle wax, lol,... big oy vey moment there...haha)

EQD... wtf???

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
In my country we have scissors and painter’s tape.

In your country you could always dab some mud, blood, chewed root muck ...or maybe a scattering of small diamonds over the offending LED.

-bEn r.

motokev

The more expensive the pedal the brighter the led.

hmmmm, I don't agree. But, I do agree bright lights are annoying.

jlcogar

Silver Supporting Member
I prefer pedals with no lights. Phase 90, dod 250, etc. if you can’t tell its on or off by sound, what the hell is the pedal for ?

Sam Xavier

Brightness is something that can be solved easily with tape. In fact, there are stickers for this exact purpose.

Colour, on the other hand, ain't so easy to solve. I can't see blue LEDs properly - a vision defect - and they hurt my eyes no matter how bright or dull they are. Wish they'd stick to green, red or amber.

blueslover

Silver Supporting Member
This topic has been broached and exhausted in numerous threads. It's a real problem. Read up on the permanent eye damage blue LEDs can cause! They should be banned by law.

If I can't see the controls or labels due to glare, it's too bright!

Edit: I predict vision impairment will soon surpass hearing damage among long term musicians.
Are you serious or is this pulling our leg? If so yes they should be banned

Glitch Magnet

Are you serious or is this pulling our leg? If so yes they should be banned
Serious-ish, with a bit of hyperbole. Can't find the research I'd read previously. Search "blue LED eye damage" and all you get is stuff about blue light from general LED lighting.

It's all somewhat controversial. I may have gone overboard with my statements. Whether there's a genuine danger, I can't say definitively. There's cause for concern, but little to no proof.

Fudbutter

anyone else have a TCE Vintage Delay? Bad enough that the on off light is light looking directly at a nuclear bomb detonation but the tap light blinks no matter what. I'm worried that it is going to cause a seizure one day.

Trending Topics