The more expensive the pedal the brighter the led. Please stop it!

Rydock

I took all the masking tape off my pedals with bright LEDs because I needed to take a picture for somebody. A little while later, I wanted to play some guitar but forgot to reapply the tape back on. I played anyway and just allowed the bright lights blind the hell out of me. After a couple of minutes of playing, I stopped noticing it and it didn’t really bother me anymore. I also have pretty bad light sensitivity and get blinded really easily, especially from the flashing laser show from my Walrus Monument. On an unrelated note, for some reason my tone seemed especially incredible today. Could it be that being blinded by my pedalboard heightened my other senses, making the sounds I was hearing more enjoyable to my ears?

benihana21

The only thing worse than an EQD pedal with a blindingly bright bypass light is a Walrus Audio pedal with the blindingly bright bypass light AND a blindingly bright tap tempo light that pulses at 160 bpm. It's like having a strobe light in my face while I'm trying to think about playing guitar.

I've heard arguments that these lights are great if you're playing a daytime gig outside, but it seems crazy to design pedals that work well in that situation, but are utterly obnoxious in just about all others.

Brian Gilmour

I’ve mentioned this in one of the other threads about the bright LED’s. LEGO pieces are literally a free fix if you have kids.

I finally fixed my Dunlop Echoplex with its bright white lens. Had to take the knobs off and unscrew and remove the thin aluminum faceplate off the pedal. The clear bezel/lens is glued on the plate of course but I was able to pull it free after about 10-15 minutes of carefully pulling it loose. Was hoping the new red LEGO lens would fit into the opening but it’s a tad too large. Just glued the piece on the plate instead until I get the courage to drill out the plate.

The pieces can also cure OCD when all the pedals have one color except one. The green LED on my Diamond Comp is now red as well.

StompBoxBlues

this has been discussed a ton already, with a little creativity there’s a lot of ways to dim an overly bright LED, there’s not much you can do if ones not bright enough to see in daylight, for that reason I’d rather builders error on the side of too bright.
I don’t think a knob is the way to go, but they could have a slider switch, one for indoor one position for outdoor.

I’d way rather it was slightly dim than it is blinding me.

Killshakes

Super bright LED’s = Somewhat annoying.

Continuously flashing tempo LED’s = INCREDIBLY annoying, especially when the pedal is off / disengaged. When I turn a pedal off, I want it OFF. LED’s and all.

CEFlint

Brightest I ever had was when I tried out a Fender Pinwheel Rotary pedal. Not only was the LED extremely bright, it was huge. Reminded me of the power light on a Fender amp. When considering my reasons for returning it, this was at or near the top of the list. I literally could not see other pedals when it was on.

Trending Topics