• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

The most beautiful Guitar I have ever seen.

I think it looks like a "not so quite a Les Paul" Les Paul, in a color I'm not particularly fond of.

Of course I know it's a Collings, but on first glance that's my minds interpretation.

Tootone

Saw Noel Gallagher playing a Gibson ES355, Cherry Red, Gold HW and Bigsby, Pearloid and Binding had turned gold/cream/yellow.

Instant GAS.

I just saw an original good condition 60's one for sale on eBay... a mere AU$33,000.

Yam the BOMB

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Blue is my favorite color for Strats and Tele’s but I don’t care for blue Les Paul’s or SGs. But if any two people were exactly alike one of them would be unnecessary.

The bear

What do you guys think?

Collings City Limits.
I remember the first time I saw a CL with this finish, loved it. I like the look of the block inlays on this one.
The Collings CL in your profile pic isn't too shabby either.
I have a few nice ones as well...
Here's half of my Collings collection. Still don't have a CL...

jens5

Gold Supporting Member
I dreamed of owning a guitar just like this for MANY years, and I think I found the absolute best example of one. To me the L5s is the pinnacle of Gibson solid body design. I think my L5s is the most beautiful guitar that I've even seen...

Even Mr Wheeler thought so...

I had the same guitar in the 80's. Wished I'd kept it. Great guitar.

makeitstop

Old dude with guitars
Platinum Supporting Member
I dreamed of owning a guitar just like this for MANY years, and I think I found the absolute best example of one. To me the L5s is the pinnacle of Gibson solid body design. I think my L5s is the most beautiful guitar that I've even seen...

Even Mr Wheeler thought so...

I played one of those just the other day. Big mistake. Now I can't get it out of my head.

gibson3798

I own that model, though not in blue.

That blue is the only blue I’ve seen that appeals to me, it’s stunning.

But more importantly, the City Limits Collings is what Les Pauls always wanted to be.

Trending Topics