• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

The Most Beautiful Vintage Guitar I've owned (NVGD)

clemduolian

Gold Supporting Member
SSSSSSSCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy that fantastic guitar.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
WOW, now that is clearly "heirloom" status.

I couldn't help but post my "New" vintage guitar find.

In my opinion this is the most beautiful guitar I've owned. I am terrible at photographing guitars so I'm sure it will not do it justice. The guitar is an original 1938 Gibson L5, as one of Gibson's pinnacle prewar guitars, it is entirely built up with beautiful flamed and birdseye maple. It has the ever cool original Grover Imperial tuners and a gorgeous script logo headstock.

What makes this guitar extra unique is that it appears to have been sent back to the factory in the early 60's and now sports a gold PAF in the neck position, and a early 60's style cutaway was added. The work is perfect and looks factory correct.

So now I have a one of a kind 1938-1962 Gibson L5. It's the best of both worlds in my opinion. The icing on the cake is that its also a phenomenal player!

View media item 221869View media item 221868View media item 221867View media item 221871View media item 221866View media item 221872View media item 221873

Artie Fisk

That is a thing of rare beauty. Just amazing. I think it’s safe to say that we’re all jealous. Dang, that’s pretty. And I bet it sounds like heaven.

Porschefender

Silver Supporting Member
Well that's a nice living room piece, some things do age gracefully. I'm a fan of the stinger and the Grover imperials, not to mention the entire guitar, have fun!

asintoras

Wow!! Just wow... Please post some clips or videos. It's really a beauty, so congrats!

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind asking (you could answer via private message if you prefer)?

Trending Topics