The most fun I have had with modulation was with...

ajbergren

Running a Retro Vibe into a DM-2W delay with expression control, then into a Fuzz. Crazy weirdness ensues!

Many modes of the Bit Quest are fun, I love the ring mod, the pitch shift, and the bit crusher!

ajbergren

Have the retro-vibe, a chasebliss tonal recall rkm, and fuzz galore!

will try!
Awesome! If you set the delay to tons of repeats, and the fuzz to gate a bit, you have a neat effect with trails, where the fuzz cuts off the sound of a sustained note before the repeats fade out. Super fun! Happy ripping!

Pedalometrist

Diamond Vibrato for me. Most other modulation effects make me play a certain way, reminiscent of a certain era or style.

With the Diamond, I can play around with the settings and each setting makes me play totally different than the last, and not even really reminiscent of anything, I find the pedal kind of plays me ... if that makes any sense :dunno

That surprise element of not really
knowing how I am going to react to the pedal is really fun :aok

Buzzard Luck

MXR Phase 90 old school version, but not particularly old. Fantastic and wild, super expressive, much more chewy goodness than expected. Live and loud it really delivers the goods both in front of and behind the mains. Yes, even when disengaged, you can sometimes hear that something is churning away in the background. That’s the crystal lettuce growing that sprinkles the fairy dust goodness making the tone more lively and magical. Carbon over Alkaline.

David Garner

Gold Supporting Member
Most fun? Back when I was running an Eventide Modfactor there was this absurd setting that sounded like laser blasts in a bad sci fi movie. At the end of one of our songs I put that setting on and just rocked an expression pedal back and forth. It was absurd, and it was a blast.

Sam Xavier

Alexander F.13N.

Standard flanger, Dynamic flanger (responds to picking), Step flanging (with several different waveforms), Delay and flanger.

Can go from regular flanging - and incidentally can do a passable Electric Mistress - to completely insane.

I can lose myself for days with this thing.

Jim Marciano

Supporting Member
I absolutely love sacking phasers, and trying to synch faster and slower waves. My Farm Pedals Fly Agaric is my favorite phaser, but I stack it with the 95, the Tractor Beam, Psilocybe and others to see what you can shape. Glorious, rich, tones. Intoxicating, really...
I have the fly agaric and evh phase 90 again.... Seems like a year ago I was shooting these out and ended up selling both of them.... Only to buy them again

dirtytony

mooer e-lady... its very reactive to gtr vol knob, I can go from mild chorus to flange and everything sounds great. I use the first minipot at zero but putting it on 10-12:00 makes it into heavy flanging, similar to tape one, so I have everythig covered easily

...and its small&cheap, love it!

ross1shark

#1 - Mr. Black Shepard's End
#2 - Tie between a BOSS RT-20 and a Moen Shaky Jimi vibe. (Comical, really. I paid over $200 for the BOSS new and less than $40 for the Moen used.)
* Edited *
I should point out that I don't feel I overpaid for the RT-20, just highlighting that I get about the same mileage/FUN out of the Moen despite the $160-plus cost difference.

Last edited:

Squatch57

The most fun I had was when I got my first Electric Mistress back in 1977
It was like having a little magic box, and quite a thrill.
Of course flangers are everywhere now so it's not so mindblowing.

Junta

Thanks for all the input again folks!

Finally had some time from work to update the song... Added bass parts, more Moog MF Flange :D and even a few seconds of vocals :D:D:D

Cheers!

Last edited:

thomas4th

EHX Flanger Hoax. “What does it sound like?” Uh . . . stuff. Things. It’s a good place to lose some hours. The “smart” decision would have been to simplify and refine the design before release, but I’m glad they didn’t.

EQD Night Wire is a close second. It can be subtle and sultry or it can get weird and wiggly. It’s a great pedal.

homeunit

Supporting Member
Thorpy camouflage is a lot of fun and sounds unbelievably brilliant.

Walrus Julia is the best sounding chorus to me.

Empress Phaser, just picked it up but can already tell it's going to be stupid good.

Trending Topics