The Nasty Bark of a Blackface Champ

Dajax

The solo on Let It Be LP Solo (third tune down) is my Fender Champ amp turned up full with a Les Paul running through a Fulldrive 2 set mainly as a clean boost
http://bandmix.ca/dajax

Last edited:

huskerjohn

I love my Silverface Champ for the same reason I love this clip. The old champs sound great at any volume (3-5 sweet clean tone, 5-7 OD heaven). And they get along better with pedals than just about any other amp out there!

Nice clips!

vrdyer

Dajax,

Listened to some other songs on your site. Very nice. What rig did you do Rocky Mountain Way on?

Dajax

Thanks for the comments. I agree with the cheesy remark, what I think the problem is is the high hat sound I used. Rocky Mountain Way was done on a tascam 4 track rhythm guitars direct thru a Boss DS 1, slide thru a Tech 21 Sansamp (vocals thru the sansamp too for the verses.

Dajax

I actually prefer the solo on the 45 rpm single version that is the first song on my playlist. I used my Telecaster through a Dunlop Univibe to try to get the fast Leslie sound happening
http://bandmix.ca/dajax

Dajax

What did you use on All along the Watchtower? I love that solo!
The clean slide part was a Les Paul, thru a Boss compressor/sustainer, into a Supro 88T amp. The rest was a Gretsch hollow body direct into the recorder thru a Tech 21 Sansamp direct box

todd richman

Dajax, that is just so perfect-you could serioulsy join Paul and Ringo-of course John won't be there which is sad, but that tone of a Paul and cranked Champ is pure, sweet classic rock. What pickups are in the Paul?

What wah was used on Watchtower-that nails the vibe too!

One of the best demos on here in quite some time.

Dajax

Dajax, that is just so perfect-you could serioulsy join Paul and Ringo-of course John won't be there which is sad, but that tone of a Paul and cranked Champ is pure, sweet classic rock. What pickups are in the Paul?

What wah was used on Watchtower-that nails the vibe too!

One of the best demos on here in quite some time.
Thanks TR, the pickups are DiMarzio super distortions. That's the same guitar I used on the "Time" solo on my page, but for that I used a Fuzz Face, and a 2X12 Silvertone combo amp. The wah wah is a standard Dunlop Cry Baby.

Last edited:

Trending Topics