The New Boss DD-200

gutterne

Can anyone confirm the following regarding the looper?
  • The outputs can be set to a wet/dry split? So A is the dry and B is the loop (or the oposite)
  • When using the looper the pedal can send midi clock through the midi out?
  • Or the pedal can receive midi clock from midi in and sync the looper to that?

Can’t seem to find the answers online or in the manual.

mambosun92

My DD-200 starts up in "memory mode" when turning it on. I want it to start up in "tap mode". Consequently I have to press and hold the memory/tap switch every time I turn on my board. Can this be changed?
I have the same issue with the DD20.

andtrea

Does it go in crazy analog-style self oscillation in some setting?
Video or samples would be super-appreciated

pangea2003

Can someone confirm which is the MAXIMUM MONO DELAY TIME on the DD200?
Is it just 10 seconds like on the DD500?
Cheers

pcs9527

Has anyone confirmed if the modulation rate is different for each engine? I know you can't adjust it, just hoping the designers picked a nice individual speed for each mode rather than it being the same for all.

My DD-200 starts up in "memory mode" when turning it on. I want it to start up in "tap mode". Consequently I have to press and hold the memory/tap switch every time I turn on my board. Can this be changed?
I don’t have my DD-20 anymore but I think the workaround was to use an external tap tempo. I used it as a memory switch and programmed the on board switch to be tap. I don’t recall having to press and hold every time but it’s been awhile. Maybe someone with a DD-20 can confirm. If you have an external tap tempo, try it to see if it works like that with the 200.

funny- i don't know what i did but i was able to get it to automatically be in tap tempo mode whenever i turn it on now.

what i don't like is that it's still always in spill-over mode whenever i turn it on and can't figure out how to change that.

Cosmo-D

Silver Supporting Member
Does it go in crazy analog-style self oscillation in some setting?
Video or samples would be super-appreciated

Yes, they all do but obviously the analog engine works the best for this. Only bummer is the time knob has detents and is a little more difficult to get spaceship noises.

Has anyone confirmed if the modulation rate is different for each engine? I know you can't adjust it, just hoping the designers picked a nice individual speed for each mode rather than it being the same for all.

I think it's different for each engine, but it's not that noticable. I was kind of bummed you can't adust the rate but after owning it I don't really think it's an issue. They did a very nice job of dialing in a nice usable range of modulation. I hate when the modulation can get over the top sea sick and have no use for that. If you want that you might be disappointed with this pedal.

funny- i don't know what i did but i was able to get it to automatically be in tap tempo mode whenever i turn it on now.

what i don't like is that it's still always in spill-over mode whenever i turn it on and can't figure out how to change that.

There is an option to make the right footswitch tap only but then you can't cycle through the presets. Correct me if I'm wrong there but you can select that switch to just be tap. It would have been nice if they made it the other way around, where it defaults to TT and you can hold for preset selection.

If I didn't buy this for the expression pedal function of controlling the feedback I would be using the external tap function and making use of the option to have twist or warp on the footswitch when held down, and this would be everything I wanted in a delay. As of now, I'm enjoying it a lot but limited to certain shortcomings.

monty

I don’t have my DD-20 anymore but I think the workaround was to use an external tap tempo. I used it as a memory switch and programmed the on board switch to be tap. I don’t recall having to press and hold every time but it’s been awhile. Maybe someone with a DD-20 can confirm. If you have an external tap tempo, try it to see if it works like that with the 200.
You are correct, that was my workaround.

Cosmo-D

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone do the update yet? I'm curious as to how to access the other presets

mikebu

Gold Supporting Member
There is a updated manual on the Boss site. There is a new Max Preset Number you set that controls that max setting you scroll through. After updating the firmware it is set at 4. Change it to how many presets you want to scroll through, 4 - 128.

mambosun92

Just bought it and updated it to the lastest firmware to get extended presets. By the way the update procedure took ages to complete.
I even did'nt get the opportunity to check how it sounds, this will be done soon.
But I have a first complaint: the switches are not "switch toppers "friendly; the key stroke being too long and the switch very low, you can hardly activate the switches with the topper installed.

Last edited:

Cosmo-D

Silver Supporting Member
Just bought it and updated it to the lastest firmware to get extended presets. By the way the update procedure took ages to complete.
I even did'nt get the opportunity to check how it sounds, this will be done soon.
But I have a first complaint: the switches are not "switch toppers "friendly; the key stroke being too small, with the topper installed, you can hardly activate the switches.
I did the update last weekend and it did take a very long time to complete. If they changed anything with the sounds I certainly don't hear it, sounds just like it did before.

Which toppers did you try? I have the Mooer candy buttons but I haven't tried them yet.

mambosun92

I did the update last weekend and it did take a very long time to complete. If they changed anything with the sounds I certainly don't hear it, sounds just like it did before.

Which toppers did you try? I have the Mooer candy buttons but I haven't tried them yet.
I've tried the Barefoot button, the Harley Benton sold by Thomann and the Sonicake.
I think the latest update only extends the number of presets up to 128.

Cosmo-D

Silver Supporting Member
I've tried the Barefoot button, the Harley Benton sold by Thomann and the Sonicake.
I think the latest update only extends the number of presets up to 128.
I just tried my Mooer candy topper and some other cheapos from China and they both work, but I see how you mean they are shorter buttons, hopefully they stay on.

batsbrew

i got this pedal a couple of weeks ago...
did the firmware update this past weekend.
takes a long time,
but just be patient, it worked like a charm.

no difference i could hear, in ANY of the settings...
but, now i have 127 memory slots! cool!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom