the new Devi Ever Silver Rose Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, May 29, 2015.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

[​IMG]

Essentially a Univox Super Fuzz and a Dwarfcraft Eau Claire that you can blend and tweak to your heart's desire running in parallel!

"
    THE SILVER ROSE! Back for revenge, or justice, or retribution…anyway, it's back and it is the new stock answer to "what fuzz should I get for…?”

Classic rock - YES. 90’s garage rock - YES. Turn up the Super Fuzz side with a medium gain setting, dial in the bias for maximum sustain and let the power chords ring out. Turn up the gain and twist the bias to squeeze that signal down to a compressed electronic wave for single string leads and score a spy movie. Flip the mids switch down and enter the realm of the Wizard of Doom.

Something a little warmer, maybe? How about the EC fuzz? A streamlined Eau Claire Thunder from Dwarfcraft Devices can be dialed back to overdrive range or cranked up to a raging wall of thunder. Wind it into an aggressive sustained lead machine. Blast the Tone control for the huge, blown out, "Am I going to break something?" juggernaut you've come to expect from the Thunder.

Wait, something a little off? Need more bottom? More top? Flip on that EQ. Boost the bass and treble up to 10db. Watch your levels, friends, you could blow speakers if you act a fool.

"But, old pals, I'm a strange person, and I want a clean signal mixed with my fuzz!" Hey that's cool, we're all strange in one way or another. We have a big silver knob for that! This clean knob will boost your clean up to an 11x voltage amplification! BIG ENOUGH FOR YOU?

"Oh, also old pals, I like to experiment in the studio with multiple signal paths, and sometimes I use two amps with separate effects lines live." That's why we put in that auxiliary clean output jack. There's always clean signal coming out! Handy for just those situations you mentioned.

"Wait, does it work on bass?" We put so many flavors of bass weaponization in here that you might lose a day or two tweaking knobs and feeling your pants flap as you create sound after sound."

What do you think??

Ev O))) likes this.
  2. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

I wouldn't touch anything made by her with a ten foot pole. Sounds like poop anyway.

Cruciform likes this.
  3. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

Is this crowd sourced?

Cruciform likes this.
  4. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

haha, i wasn't around for whatever happened... i've heard grumblings but never the full story.

5. beneharris

beneharris Member

:rotflmao

Seriously, if there is one case of never wanting to buy a product because of how somebody has conducted themselves, this is it.

6. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

I think Dwaftcraft bought Devi Ever out, she's not involved in this I don't think. But just the name is enough reason to not buy this. They should rethink this one.

7. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Yeah just got the bullet points of the many and the main thing that happened with her. Ouch.

8. neosoulchild

neosoulchild Member

That thing looks awesome.. demo was cool, I think I want one. Probably more interested in the Univox side, but I'm in the market for some tweaker fuzz.

9. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

It does looks awesome.

10. Ev O)))

Ev O))) Member

Devi as an individual is no longer involved with the company. It was purchased fully by Dwarfcraft fx in order to just keep churning out the classic Devi stuff.

11. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

^This.

Dwarfcraft have improved on Devi's methods. I'm sure the new pedals they're putting out are of much higher quality than anything Devi ever did herself.

12. jammybastard

jammybastard "I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."

For a sole proprietor at the start of the boutique pedal boom Devi did a fantastic job.
    It's a thankless biz with lousy margins.
    Plus you get a bunch of whiny amateur guitarists endlessly bitching about you on guitar forums. (Even if most of them have no clue what they are talking about.)
    Only the truly dedicated would put up with that.

LowWatt, firememo, Slevin and 2 others like this.
  13. Fuzzr

Fuzzr Supporting Member

So when you get ripped off, you can't be "whiny"?

14. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

You can certainly be "whiny" when you get ripped off, but I thought this thread was about the new Devi Ever Silver Rose (and the new owners of Devi Ever FX certainly aren't gonna be ripping anybody off).

15. wrightdude

wrightdude Supporting Member

No feedback loop for the Eau Claire side :(

16. jw112

jw112 Member

it looks great. But i like the sound of the first version better

17. Bieling3

Bieling3 Member

perfect example of the need for down-voting a comment.

18. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

Yes, but like I mentioned, they should just rid the Devi Ever name from all their stuff... It'd do a lot better without the name association.

19. Ev O)))

Ev O))) Member

I don't think they're do too badly to be honest. If anything there might be cause to say that dwarfcraft acquiring devi could be why dwarfcfraft have been almost exclusively been putting out more experimental pedals and continuing their expansion into the modular world as opposed to simply more fuzzes. It might be a very readily recognisable brand that provides them with some $ to do weird **** under their own label.

It should be noted hat this is TOTAL SPECULATION AND STREAM OF CONSCIOUS "MONEY TALK" :dunno :beer

EDIT: For what it's worth I reckon it sounds ****ing awesome in this one:

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    wickedcookie likes this.
  20. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

Good point.
    Dwarftcraft puts out some really interesting stuff. Some people still aren't aware that Devi is no longer with Devi Ever, and thinking they're giving more money to her turns them off. It's a shame really.

But I'm sure dwarftcraft will still do just fine!