• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The new Martin OM28 or OMJM comparison?

blueslover

Silver Supporting Member
I'm wanting to buy next month for my birthday and have narrowed down to these two (thanks for the help in the other thread). In this one I just want to clarify one point.

Which one of these sounds closer to the OM28-JM limited run?

The OM28 because of the traditional build (minus Sitka of course)

OR

The OMJM because of the engleman top (minus the same bracing/neck joint of course)

I can't play the guitars so I'm relying on opinions. I know either way I'm good just want the closest to that sound. Thanks!

kevmin

I played both and preferred the snap of the sitka. The engleman reminded me of cedar. Warm but lacking in punch when strummed. I guess it depends on your style. I find the OM-28 to be the most versatile for various styles.

Trending Topics