• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Nik Huber Thread

strings2wood

Gold Supporting Member
I was inspired by Luke's Cornish thread and thought I'd start one on the general topic of Nik Huber guitars.
I know there are threads on TGP regarding specific models as well as some impressive photos/ collections of Nik's guitars (plus a forum too!)

I'd like it to be an affirmation/ appreciation thread
and politely/ respectfully ask can postings be mindful of keeping that wish/vibe.

I finalized payment for my first and probably only Huber guitar recently.
A left handed Red mahogany Special (dual P-90)
for versatility rather than the single pick up Junior.

It would be great if people could post their personal
guitar or NAMM photos, clips,
and all related merits of Nik Huber's guitars, craftsmanship, tone,
experiences in a centralized appreciation thread.:aok

Last edited:

dougk

Gold Supporting Member
One of my favorite people on earth. Love his guitars to boot! Always the highlight of NAMM / Montreal Guitar Show for me.

<--- has a Krauster on order.

Has a Banshee JR on order ----> (Nik lol)

chillytc

The Krautster is high on my list of guitars I am gassing for. I've got something similar I love (a Collings 290) so I haven't pulled the trigger but my god is that a sexy guitar (if I bought one it would be the two pickup in black). Drool . . .

burnbritney

Here are some pictures of the 2 Hubers I have... Love Nik's work and his shop is only 60 miles from my house. Added bonus! :)

Krautster II Copper:

Redwood:

Just got the Redwood 2 weeks ago and it is a very refined guitar. Different animal to the Krautster altogether, which is a lot more in your face. Now I need a Twangmeister, I guess...

coolhand78

They're the best guitars I have ever had the joy of playing...

I originally had this one...
which i do miss dearly

now have this one: which has a lovely brazilian fretboard & the nitro open pore finish on the back and neck...

niersbach

Of the guitars that haunt me the most due to the fact I let them go...one by absolute necessity and one due to gas....wish I could have held onto both of them....REALLY miss them

Huber Dolphin Redwood with complete snakewood package (fretboard, button, backplate etc...)

And a Huber Orca....

dudu

Just got the Redwood 2 weeks ago and it is a very refined guitar. Different animal to the Krautster altogether, which is a lot more in your face. Now I need a Twangmeister, I guess...
Did you get it from a gentleman in the UK? It looks awfully familiar.

DavidH

Anyone here had their hands on an Orca '59?

Beautiful guitars BTW! i had a Junior for a while, sounded great but the neck was wrong for me.

artguy47

Ol' CuRmUGeOn
Got to meet Nik at NAMM this year, which was when I first handled his instruments. AMAZINGLY GOOD! My personal highlight in the short time I got at NAMM this year. Though imagine if I'd spent days, it would still be the same.

I particularly loved the Redwood, though the '59, Orca, and Dolphin shown were also
extremely nice. Really am a set neck guy, so while I handled the Krautster, which was also great, they are listed in my order of preferance.

Wish I'd not forgotten my phone, would have had some photos. Though the Redwood, '59, and Orcas are making me drool...:drool

LarryN

His guitars have always stood out to me. The neck joint is truly unique and shows his design genius. I have some redwood like that. Maybe someday I'll get carving again.

scott

Silver Supporting Member
What is that crazy looking silver guitar behind the old jr? That thing has some heft!
I've met Nik a few times, he's a real nice guy and his guitars are beautiful.

Trending Topics