The Obscure 60`s Psychedelic Garage Band Cover Thread

Britishampfan

Hi There! I am in a Psycedellic Blues Rocka and Rolla Cover Tune Band and we have roughly four sets of Covers down fo 60`s and 70`s classic hits and obscure stuff.

Please share your Ideas for good cover songs psychedelic garage or one hit wonders 60`s or 70`s

We are doing these few and having a lot O fun with them, people seem to really like.

We like this kind of stuff and play these, I will keep adding to the set list.

Last edited:

DrumBob

You may have already done this, but if you check out The Nuggets box set, and other 60's comps, like Back From The Grave, Pebbles and Highs In the Mid 60's, you'll find a LOT of material you can cover. The Del-Vetts "Last Time Around" is a great choice.

I'm glad you can find people who like this music. I guess you're in Europe, where they appreciate American 60's rock. Whenever my band played any obscure 60's garage stuff, we got blank stares for the most part. One couple wrote us off and stopped coming to see us when we dropped most of the 60's garage rock. You can't please everyone.

paulscape

Bedroom mazurka - Cactus
Lay it on me - Creepy John Thomas
Come and get it - Blue Cheer

These are a couple of songs my band have played from time to time. We fit in a nice drum solo/bass solo breakdown in bedroom mazurka!

Two-Octave

the skinny kid with the guitar looks different now
a128.jpg

Alrighty then. :dude

FFTT

Hardly Obscure but timely.

Fine example of video killed the radio star

Magical guitars & keyboards that also played full horn sections :)

These fakes had me rolling on the floor

Last edited:

FFTT

There's some really cool old vids on the old German Beat Club show, so be sure to search
"Beat Club" on youtube.

rah3

Yo Britishampfan,

Great to hear you are keeping this music alive. I play anything from the 60's any chance I get. Have you added Lothar and Hand People or Tonto's Expanding Head band material?

- RAH3

Trending Topics

Top Bottom