The "OFFICIAL" 2006 CO TGP GearFest

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Last Nerve, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Aleclee brought a PRS AND a Driskill, thus breaking the rules of engagement....but once he let me play them...I let him off with a warning! :D

2. Last Nerve

[​IMG]

Alec also brought THREE amps along, which prompted me to ask him if he could read! ;)

3. Last Nerve

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the nice stuff we got to try out!

4. Last Nerve

[​IMG]

This is a VERY COOL amp, brought by Randy, who makes them, a friend of Hoss'.
    We all stopped are stomping and ALL plugged into this beauty. It was a damn nice amp.
    More info to come soon. This was a personal highlight for me! Thanks, Randy! :)

5. Last Nerve

[​IMG]

Ya know....a Two Rock Emerald is one wonderful amp...
    A Driskill is one wonderful guitar...

BUT...when you pair them with a VINTAGE USA MADE Digitech BAD MONKEY.....tone poured from the heavens!!

6. Last Nerve

[​IMG]
    L to R:
    Aleclee, 1kidc, Hoss, solo-act, Last Nerve, evco

A few missed it, a few left early....a few left drinks behind!!!!!
    All in all....damn nice day...thanks guys, let's do it again!

7. theHoss

theHoss Member

Yeah, that was a great day. Thanks for the invite. I had to quote you on my new sig.

Thanks again.

8. Last Nerve

Highlites....
    I really dug evco's Cactus Crunch...very nice tones..

Hoss' Vibrostomp was DAMN cool, he's selling it for some crazy reason, but it was very nice for vibrato and tremolo!

That Mission Amp.....man..so many sounds in that thing!

The Driskill was a very nice guitar...they all were...
    Suhr strat
    Anderson Drop Top
    Gibson R8...though Hoss wouldn't let me play it!
    Kinman loaded strat..

And solo-act has the most amazing setup...this guy goes out and plays..like 40 songs a set or something..had the MIDI controls, the BJFs and his new Eternity....which I wanted to snag!

9. Last Nerve

10. Last Nerve

Wait a sec...those aren't black SOCKS....Hoss, you bastard!

11. theHoss

theHoss Member

People can't play my guitars, and I'm sure as hell not going to take my shoes off.....last Gear Fest I get invited to.

12. giggedy

giggedy Member

sorry I couldn't make it, but I did get to meet trey in denver. I asked if he was still using analogman pedals. he said yeah, two tubescreamers. I replied "the silver ones, right?" then he said, "no, they're green." I thought it was pretty funny. he played a 3 string instrument I brought and signed it, adding to steve kimock's signature.

13. 1kidc

1kidc Member

Thanks for the heapin' helpin' of hospitality Chris - a fine hang indeed.

I'm really looking forward to going to the Mission shop and checking out their other fine amps! GuitarXGary - Thanks for hooking us up with Randy!

And Alec wins the nicest axe of the day award hands down for the Driskill - VERY VERY GOOD. His Two Rock Emerald didn't hurt his case for the winning combination of the day. Tag would have approved....

And I really enjoyed hanging out, sharing gig stories and talking shop w/ Solo-Act. His Fuchs was terrific as was that Eternity.

Nice to meet some of the locals here in the Rockies. Lets do another one in the spring! Next time I'll try to wrangle up a drummer & bassist for the last couple of hours and we can all do some pickin'.

All the Best to all the Attendees,

Dave DeMichelis

14. Lution

Lution Member

:( I wish I could have stayed in town so I could come. I'm not missing the next one!

15. Last Nerve

Heads up guys...
    left behind was a Planet Waves cable...evco?
    and there was an unmarked cable with heavy duty silver ends left behind as well.....about 3' long....Alec?

Anyway..if they're yours, let me know your address.

16. theHoss

theHoss Member

Patch cable or guitar? If it was a guitar I will check my bag to make sure that I have everything. I am pretty sure I do, so I don't think it is mine. I will double check though.

17. Lution

Lution Member

So tell us more about that Mission amp! :drool

18. Last Nerve

Hoss,
    Guitar cables, both about 3' long. I think Alec and evco were the only ones besides yourself to bring head/cabs, so I bet they belong to those guys.

Let me know, guys!

19. theHoss

theHoss Member

Cool, I will check. I thought I got both my Speaker cables, but I will double check. Thanks!

20. solo-act

solo-act Member

Thanks to Lastnerve for the hospitality!
    I thought all the amps had great things going for them. I don't have a lot of first hand info on tones since I pretty much stayed out of the way, didn't really plug into anything & just enjoyed hearing the other guys plug in and agree with what everyone has said so far about the highlights. But since I'm not into huge amp volume I did hear a few amps in the next room ha ha.

Cool pedal boards, amps, guitars......even with just a handful of guys its still way too much stuff to get a grasp on in one day let alone plug in and check everything out yourself.

I did plug into the mission amp and tried a BJF DRD pedal. The mission amp (18 watt - 6v6?) was a surprise with a solid chimey musical character thats right in the pocket for the kind of variety covers 1kidc and I do. The high end has all the highs/chime without peaking in the "earbiting" range like so many amps do, yet there was midrange clarity, warmth and bottom end to spare. I think there's a lot of things "right" about the amp they've really minimized any negative things associated with the kinds of tones it can get. Ikidc was asking if it had el34's because of the chime, yet commented on the fender deluxe character that it had...not something you usually hear. I had similar feelings about it, and the mid boost was really nice and clear letting it have more of the marshally clean that Randy said is also a part of the amps character. The clarity and girth come out of the amp without it having to be cranked, and hold up at low guitar volume pot as well. Long story short, it's a lot easier to hear than it is to describe, and I liked its musical mojo and tonal spectrum a lot. Eric who also commented plugged into the later 30 watter I believe.
    The DRD.......take the tone color of the EGDM one one end, and the HB on the other, and the midrange color of this pedal essentially sets right in the middle between the two. I thought it was a great sound too.

Thanks Chris. The number of covers I do is a drop in the bucket compared to 1kidc. Just ask Dave how many different songs he goes through in 1 week....you'll be BLOWN away. Probably in the hundreds. I've worked to put the suhr into any many cover song tone "pockets" as I can, but as 1kidc knows, ya gotta reign that in and keep speed and simplicity at the top of the priority list.

For a newbie in the electric guitar realm this was a lot of fun and I'll be at the next one if I'm not working out of town.