The "OFFICIAL" 2006 CO TGP GearFest

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Last Nerve, Oct 1, 2006.

1. evco

evco Member

Just did a quick check, and looks like I came home with everything, must belong to someone else.

2. 1kidc

1kidc Member

I guess the planet wave cable is your house warming gift for hosting....

3. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

????
    Yeah...I'm sure it was used for hooking up head and cab...haven't heard from Alec yet, so it could be his.

4. theHoss

theHoss Member

Looks like its mine. I am missing a Plannet Waves Speaker Cable and a GeorgeL speaker cable. Let me know if you found the GeorgeL one too. We will have to figure out a time that I can swing by and grab them. Maybe when the Wah comes in?

5. Last Nerve

Hoss, sure thing man!
    I'm not sure its a GL cable, as it has heavier metal ends, straight plugs and all, but I've never seen these before.

6. Last Nerve

HERE'S THE GOOD STUFF -

Check these things out...Mission Amps

www.missionamps.com
    Randy is the nice guy who came for awhile, with two versions of his amp (something like 30 and 50 watts). They are damn nice, tons of tones, and just had that punch, snap, spank, whatever you wanna call it.
    Priced very nice and worth checking out.

[​IMG]

7. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Thanks for the hospitality, Chris!

If it's a horizon cable, it's probably mine but it's kind of odd since I had to borrow Eric's cable 'cause I couldn't find my speaker cable. :(

8. Last Nerve

I'll check Alec...one is Planet Waves, the other seemed to be unmarked, though I'll confirm that in a little while.

Thanks to all you guys for the first-hand experience with some seriously NICE gear!

9. theHoss

theHoss Member

Quick clarification.

The models are:
    30 watt w/ or w/out reverb.
    18 watt w/ or w/out reverb.
    12 watt no reverb (only weighs 24lbs and kills)

Just an FYI.

Also, after checking last night looks like those are my cables. Need to get them before I can play my amp again =(

10. Bruce / Mission

Bruce / Mission Member

Hi Guys... Bruce here from Mission Amps
    Yes the non-reverb Aurora amp Randy brought over was an 18w 2x6V6 amp.
    The reverb model was about 35 watts and used 2x6L6s.
    The 6V6, 18 watter will be available in the 35w cabinet/chassis sized combo with reverb also.

I'm very pleased to hear you all liked this amp as we are very proud of what it can do.
    This original amp is a version of what I was calling the "American 18 watter" earlier this year.
    It was built to challange and counter the overexposed, buzzy, bumble bee in a paper bag EL84 18 watter Marshally clone amps that have saturated the boutique amp world. Ha ha ha... Those amps are like a one or two trick pony in my view.
    The whole idea was to show how an amp with a pair of 6V6s, (at the same 18 watts), could really sound if the amp came with usable features, broader dynamic range and have some versatility built into it so it can be more useful to players who care.
    The hi gain Turbo-Jax level is presetable and adjustable from, "none, to too much", and has more total gain then a single 12AX7 triode!
    The Turbo-Jax stage is in series with the other standard gain preamp stage so it kicks the stuffing out of the third preamp stage.
    Fabulous tubey distortion and soft clipping for a wonderful clean boost overdrive tone.
    Of course the Turb-Jax can be bypassed by mearly pugging into the other normal input jack!

Now the boost pedal is a different circuit as it alters the EQ section, lifting the vocal voicing with it's solid singing mids and girth, right out of the mix.
    The beauty of this is that it does so without changing the gain or boosting the bass, ... which is where all the mud comes from in high gain unusable amps.

Randy and I joke around in trying to describe to players what the Aurora amps sound like and say things like, think this...
    "what if, during the late tweed Bassman days, Leo Fender wanted to build the classic Tweed Bassman but actually worked for VOX and followed many of their AC30 and AC50 tonal tastes.
    They build an amp like the Aurora but then move the design to the Marshall camp at the last second, adding their wicked little twists!!"
    The Aurora is... and does all that. :)

Thanks for allowing us to try out the amps on some local talent.

11. theHoss

theHoss Member

Bruce!

Welcome to thegearpage! You expertise and knowledge will make this forum even better. Glad you are here!

12. Last Nerve

Hoss,
    drop me an email...had a question about your amp,
    also need to figure out how/when to get those cables back to you.
    Gary probably won't have the RMC6s in for at least another week.

13. johnspierce

johnspierce Member

I've had Bruce maintain and/or fix several of my amps over the years and he is a super knowledgeable guy along with being one of the nicest people you'll meet. Also, Gary from GuitarX is a really good guy to deal with and has a great shop. If any of y'all are in Denver, you need to check these guys out!

John