• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The official Bludotone thread- Post news, opinions, amps, likes, dislikes,

JackD

Gold Supporting Member
Just getting caught up on this thread. I have both an Ojai and an 80s Classic. I do find them different enough. My 80s Classic is also EL34 which makes it a bit more different than the (Skyline) Ojai. I also have a 50 Watt 70s Voiced Bludodrive. It might be the only one Brandon made. That's a bit of a different beast but wonderful in its own way.

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
got a south saturn delta on the way. What am I getting?! The clips sound incredible.

DiPa

Constant GAS
got a south saturn delta on the way. What am I getting?! The clips sound incredible.
Congrats!
Hope you love it as much as I love mine, make sure you ask Brandon about the settings, it has 3 voicing, you gonna have to try various things as any new amp to find it’s sweet spots, and I can say I have never found a bad settings, it’s great all around.

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
Congrats!
Hope you love it as much as I love mine, make sure you ask Brandon about the settings, it has 3 voicing, you gonna have to try various things as any new amp to find it’s sweet spots, and I can say I have never found a bad settings, it’s great all around.

I definitely will shoot him a message. Just happened to see one pop up this evening in the Emporium, and decided to jump. Have always been intrigued by Bludo amps, and this one seems to be cream of the crop. Doesn't hurt at all that it's an EL34 configured one. I'm really excited to try this out.

DiPa

Constant GAS
My Bludo’s are back, starting with the SSD with a 4x12 loaded with Scumback M75 PVC 65W, added delay and reverb in the effects loop, it’s GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!

DiPa

Constant GAS
I definitely will shoot him a message. Just happened to see one pop up this evening in the Emporium, and decided to jump. Have always been intrigued by Bludo amps, and this one seems to be cream of the crop. Doesn't hurt at all that it's an EL34 configured one. I'm really excited to try this out.
If I remember correctly, mine is 6L6, I have to check it tomorrow to confirm…

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
If I remember correctly, mine is 6L6, I have to check it tomorrow to confirm…

With most of Brandon’s amps you can swap out power tubes. Even the 4x6v6gt I owned could run with two EL34, 6l6, or KT66. In oversimplified terms, the key is having the right bias range for a particular tube variety. El34 and KT66 fall at opposite ends of the bias spectrum with 6l6 between them. What this means is that most of his amps can easily swap between the 6l6 and EL34 but if you want to run KT66, you will need to have a small resistor swapped out and then you likely won’t be able to bias El34 properly but 6L6 should still be fine.

DiPa

Constant GAS
With most of Brandon’s amps you can swap out power tubes. Even the 4x6v6gt I owned could run with two EL34, 6l6, or KT66. In oversimplified terms, the key is having the right bias range for a particular tube variety. El34 and KT66 fall at opposite ends of the bias spectrum with 6l6 between them. What this means is that most of his amps can easily swap between the 6l6 and EL34 but if you want to run KT66, you will need to have a small resistor swapped out and then you likely won’t be able to bias El34 properly but 6L6 should still be fine.
Yes, i do remember vividly when I ordered my 3 Bludo’s from Brandon, each time he would ask me which tubes I preferred so he would install, and yes swapping is allowed.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Keeping this thread alive:
Also brought out my Bludo Classic 80.
The SSS will join them later next week.
The two cabs are from Swanson and Germino, both are my fav cabs.
The Swanson loaded with Scumback PVC M75 65W.
The Germino loaded wit G12H-30-55Hz.
Both are Baltic Birch.
Red sounds best always :)
Anyway going to make music with them.

mmarchi21

Platinum Supporting Member
Both are Baltic Birch.

Looking at your Bludo’s and cabs with that festive color makes me want to have a drink. I’m glad to see that you’ll be bringing home the mother ship, your HPD, next week. Will you run that with your 4x12 with EVM 12L’s?

DiPa

Constant GAS
Looking at your Bludo’s and cabs with that festive color makes me want to have a drink. I’m glad to see that you’ll be bringing home the mother ship, your HPD, next week. Will you run that with your 4x12 with EVM 12L’s?
Cheers on that drink Mike.
Yeah, the mother ship HPD mates and sounds sweet with the 4x12 EVM12L cab, never really tried other cabs as it worked like a champ on that EV cab. They are all bloody heavy components, so they not for the faint at weight kinda folk :)
I am glad I still enjoy lugging around and connecting up these massive heavy gear, but they sound so great, I would not give that up yet. Maybe in 5-10 years I will do what you have done on a static connected rig.

jmfreeland

Anyone else have a slight hum from the chassis when powered on? My Bludo-Drive has a bit of physical vibration when powered on. I don’t recall hearing that from my other amps, but I do have other gear that does so (H3000, stepdown transformer). Nothing is audible in the signal path, sounds perfect.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Both are Baltic Birch.

These two Amps are quite different in good ways. I prefer playing semi-hollow guitars on the Classic 80, especially a Howard Roberts Fusion or a 335, just very tasty.
I seem to be enjoying them more than before, not sure why, but having a great ball. Brandon builds killer amps.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Got my SSD in today. This is an incredibly versatile amp. One of my favorites ever. Super clean tones and sweet drive.
It’s amazing how Brandon maintains a huge beautiful clean platform (kinda black face) and still yields an incredible overdrive, the headroom is way huge, so many tones under the hood…top of the line amp. I could keep this one and forever be satisfied, of course i am always curious about other amps though ;)

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
It’s amazing how Brandon maintains a huge beautiful clean platform (kinda black face) and still yields an incredible overdrive, the headroom is way huge, so many tones under the hood…top of the line amp. I could keep this one and forever be satisfied, of course i am always curious about other amps though ;)

Totally agree. I have to admit I have been equally blown away by the Fuchs ODS, as well. So many amazing amps out there. Still haven’t even halfway touched the capabilities of the TS1, either.

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member

i played it through Creambacks in a 2x12 tonight as well as a 2x12 with M75s. Totally monstrous through both.

BDUNN

Silver Supporting Member
Still loving my 70’s. Have been going back and forth on trying to trade for an 80’s classic but change my mind every time I crank her up! Happy thanksgiving everyone:)
jW6L5md.jpg

jmfreeland

Still loving my 70’s. Have been going back and forth on trying to trade for an 80’s classic but change my mind every time I crank her up! Happy thanksgiving everyone:)
jW6L5md.jpg
If you don’t have the 70’s, you’ll just Jones for one again. Have a 70’s Bludo and a Glaswerks that’s more modern sounding, and now I feel like I can’t live without either.

DiPa

Constant GAS
jW6L5md.jpg
Very classy gear in your pic, what’s the 2x12 on the right? I have a weakness for Vox grill cloth coverings. It’s a shame Two Rock cannot use that any longer, Vox will not allow. I had to arm wrestle with Brandon to put it on my classic 80, he was not wanting to go there.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom