The Official Cunetto Relic Thread

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
^^^^

Exactly!! That's not nice!! I believe mine was April 96.

Don't feel too bad for me, I have two Suhr Custom Antiques (50's & 60's) style that were painted by Vince's buddy J Black.

Sampler

Gold Supporting Member
^^^^

Exactly!! That's not nice!! I believe mine was April 96.

Don't feel too bad for me, I have two Suhr Custom Antiques (50's & 60's) style that were painted by Vince's buddy J Black.

:D I thought you might recognize it, just friendly banter....I believe this one is early too...from December of 96 if I'm not mistaken.

67blackcherry

You mean like this one?

image_zpsdae2w2b0.jpeg
What a pair!!

Fenderish

Guys, do any of you know which code Vince used for each color?

I used to have a 60s Oly white that was stamped "805", right now, I'm about to get one stamped "807"

67blackcherry

Guys, do any of you know which code Vince used for each color?

I used to have a 60s Oly white that was stamped "805", right now, I'm about to get one stamped "807"
It's the standard Fender paint code - I was going to dig it up after seeing that "805" on yours....lemme look into it.

67blackcherry

I can't post the Fender brochure from '96 but here's the paint codes - and that doesn't include any one-offs that Vince did, such as the purple one that I saw (and passed) on eBay...

These are the standard colors
00 - 3 color sunburst
01 - White Blonde
03 - 2 color sunburst
05 Oly White
06 - Black
07 - Vintage Blonde
16 - Champagne Sparkle
21 - Natural
31 - Aged cherry sunburst
65 - Black Holoflake
78 - Aztec Gold
95 - Starlight Blue

Custom Colors
02 - Lake Placid Blue
04 - Daphne Blue
09 - Candy Apple Red
24 - Inca Silver
40 - Fiesta Red
44 - Shoreline Gold
45 - Teal Green
49 - Sea Foam Green
54 - Dakota Red
58 - Shell Pink
66 - Burgundy Mist Metallic
72 - Sonic Blue
83 - Ice Blue Mist

Under the Relics part of the brochure, only four colors are shown:
67 - Honey Blonde (the 'nocaster)

TCMx3

Coming up on a year of owning mine, having crossed off playing pre-CBS off my bucket list, having two standing offers on my Les Paul...

my Cunetto Strat is still not only the best guitar I own but the best I have ever played, period.

I still need a new trem arm though lol.

67blackcherry

Am I a fool to let this go? (down-sizing)

IMG_1109_zpsd89e76d9.jpg

IMG_1117_zpsbb1039c8.jpg

IMG_1111_zps45cc0593.jpg

IMG_1112_zpsf618a2a3.jpg

IMG_1115_zpse5c5bdd6.jpg

If it's your only Tele.....yes.
Finally had my 60's 3T sunburst refretted - hadn't played her in years cause the frets were gone after so much playing time, she was my 2nd Cunetto, purchase new in '98 for $1400.00 (those were the days!) - played a July 4th party yesterday, put her through the paces through my new Boogie Mark 5:35 and she KILLED IT!!
Lots of guitarists at the party, they all said she sounded great, what pickups, etc.; as Red mentioned above, she cured the itch for a pre-CBS strat for me way back when and I've never looked back.

johan

No I've got a Cunetto Nocaster too. I've had that forever and won't sell it ever.
Love this guitar but need to thin the herd. At the moment it's got Ellis 50/60 :)

67blackcherry

No I've got a Cunetto Nocaster too. I've had that forever and won't sell it ever.
Love this guitar but need to thin the herd. At the moment it's got Ellis 50/60 :)
Years ago, decade plus, I was depressed cause my wife had passed, the economy had tanked and I wasn't playing; I was going to sell off most of my Cunettos when a good friend/mentor/outstanding guitarist said to me:
"Bro, don't ever sell those. They're such great guitars, they're hard to come by, and I really regret selling mine...."
So I didn't.
Best thing I ever did; keeping what I had and buying more.

My $0.02 worth....

67blackcherry

Photobucket can suck it...bummer I don't have the time to repost everything in the order they were acquired but...here's the end result
Clockwise from the top:
Surf/Seafoam Green
Fiesta Red
50's 2T sunburst
60's 3T sunburst (my #1, sounds the best)
Lake Placid Blue
Burgundy Mist
Shoreline Gold
Sonic Blue (my #2) w/ nickel hardware (rare - most custom colour guitars had gold hardware)
Mary Kaye

My 'nocaster (my first Cunetto purchase, brand new in '97) is missing from this shot
GBKtCxi.jpg

67blackcherry

I never get tired of looking at that pic!! You need three more and then should do a calendar! Thanks for reposting.
Thanks!

My nocaster makes 10 so I'd only need 2 more!!

Never ever ever should've passed on that purple one...
Sherwood Green was pretty cool too, as was the Oly White w/gold hardware.
And the 'nocaster B-Bender was way cool.
But that purple one....

telesquire

Am I a fool to let this go? (down-sizing)

IMG_1109_zpsd89e76d9.jpg

IMG_1117_zpsbb1039c8.jpg

IMG_1111_zps45cc0593.jpg

IMG_1112_zpsf618a2a3.jpg

IMG_1115_zpse5c5bdd6.jpg

No, not if you're not too attached to it and someone is daft enough to pay you the currently high asking prices. I sold mine, no regrets....replaced them with some beautiful non-relic masterbuilt guitars from the same 90's period and saved myself some money in the process. Never came across a Cunetto that was truly special and I had dozens of them. Love them all the same but they aren't a patch on the guitars I have now.

Top Bottom