• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The Official Fender Mustang GTX Amp Thread (2020)

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
The Official Fender Mustang GTX Amp Thread (2020)

Not sure if this should be in the amp area or modeling area at this point but I wanted to at least get something started.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
I posted a thread earlier this morning asking about the GT 100 as a power amp versus the Kat. Then I started reading a bunch of threads of audio drop out, blinking display screens and other things that I deleted the thread and moved on.

OPENYOUREYES

Mustang GTX
"The new Mustang GTX series represents everything that Mustang GT promised – great tone, presets, Wifi, Bluetooth, and a looper – while also offering stage-ready cosmetics, improved Celestion speakers and great-sounding cabinets. When paired with the new Fender Tone 3.0 app, the Mustang GTX becomes Fender’s flagship amp for players looking for a wide range of incredible-sounding tones in a flexible, roadworthy and affordable package. The Mustang GTX offers several new effects, amp models, presets, global EQ settings and 7-button footswitchin"

so...nice slap in the face to you past gt buyers and owners.This is everything that that should have been and was promised yet not fufilled? :eek::bonk

pbognar

This looks interesting. It would be even nicer if it had MIDI-In, but then Fender would miss out on all the revenue from the 7-button footswitch.

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
I like and still own my Mustang 3 v2. After buying a GT100 and quickly selling it at a loss when many of the touted features did not work at all or worked poorly, I am gonna be real slow to trust another Fender modelling amp.

Last edited:

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
i like and still own my Mustang 3 v2. After buying a GT100 and quickly selling it at a loss when many of the touted features did not work at all or worked poorly, I am gonna be real slow to trust another Fender modelling amp.
Hopefully this will be what the GT series should have been after the fantastic Mustang series (including the Mustang III v2 which is still great).

SteveGuitarYT

Besides better tone, I hope ...
  1. There’s a fully wireless version like a Katana Air
  2. That it would be stereo ... with WIDE projection like the Blackstar Core ID range
  3. That it has FRFR speakers for backing track playback
  4. That the footswitch is wireless too, for looping fun
Probably ain’t gonna happen;-)

FiestaRed869

I like and still own my Mustang 3 v2. After buying a GT100 and quickly selling it at a loss when many of the touted features did not work at all or worked poorly, I am gonna be real slow to trust another Fender modelling amp.
One of the best amps ive ever owened. Sounds great and being able to use the 4 button AND 2 button switch made it great. I Have the 3 and the head.

Elantric

We use a Mustang III v2 at church almost every week and it's still going strong and sounding great after several years of use.
Mustang III v2 - Still the best Mustang Amp ever made

Even had Balanced XLR Outputs

There is REMUDA Editor which allows Editing patches on Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tritoninteractive.remuda&hl=en_US

A FREE Lite version is available for compatibility testing. Look for "Remuda Lite" in the Play Store.

Finally, an App for your USB guitar amplifier! Remuda provides complete "deep" editing of all Presets, Effects, and Amplifiers. Direct mode allows drag and drop re-ordering of presets. Performance mode lets you build a complete "set list" of song-by-song Presets, with multiple presets per song. Requires Android version 5.0 or later and a USB OTG (On-The-Go) adapter/cable to connect your Tablet or Smartphone to the amplifier.

- Supports Fender® Mustang™ I, II,III, IV, and V (v.1 & v.2) and Mustang™ Floor series amplifiers.
- Requires USB OTG adapter/cable for connection to amplifier.
- Drag & Drop preset re-ordering.
- Preset deep editing. Edit all parameters of all effects and amplifier simulations.
- Edit the Preset Signal Chain using Drag & Drop
- Performance Mode designed for gigging musicians. Set up complete "sets" of multiple Presets.
- Import .FUSE preset definitions.
- Supports wireless operation using Bluetooth to connect to a second Android device.
- Access the Amplifier's built-in tuner with on-screen tuner display.
- Set a Start-up preset of your choice.
- Effect "Memory" remembers how you like your effects and amplifiers to be set when added to a Preset.
- Dynamic mapping of Quick Access presets in performance mode.
- Preset and Performance Back up and Restore.
- Performance Mode and Direct modes can be "locked" to avoid "fat finger" errors.
- Supports EXP-1 Expression pedal on Fender® Mustang™ III/IV/V amplifiers.
- Includes comprehensive in-app Help Document.

Remuda is the only known App designed to "talk" to Fender® Mustang™ USB guitar amps. Regularly updated and supported by a guitar playing programmer.

Fender® and Mustang™ are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation and their use herein is solely to identify the specific USB guitar amplifiers with which Remuda is compatible. No endorsement of this product by Fender Musical Instruments Corporation should be inferred nor is any implied.

- - -

And there is the PrimovaSound MIDX-20 - which provides the MIDI I/O control for Mustang V2 amps for remote MIDI Footswitch control of all functions

http://primovasound.com/midx_20.html

MIDX-20 is the missing link to communicate with BOSS/Roland devices (GP-10, GT-001, GR-55, SY-300, VG-99, GT-100), to control your Fender Mustang™ Amplifier, or to connect any other MIDI Class compliant device such as Fishman Triple Play or USB controllers like SoftStep2, Logidy UMI3 in the MIDI chain. The small unit has two USB connectors, 5-pin MIDI in and MIDI OUT with MIDI THRU capability and may be configured for various data routings covering virtually any configuration you may need. It also got two stereo jacks for Expression pedals or Dual Footswitches to operate as a small MIDI controller by itself. www.primovasound.com

Last edited:

Pastafarian

Thats how I feel. My exact experience also. Though I donated my MIII v2 to my nephew who is learning guitar. I bought a GT100 and could not for the life of me coax any decent gigging tones out of it clean or dirt. Fortunately I didn't lose any money on the GT because I got mine used for 125 bucks and sold it for 130. I would say it was worse than the Marshall CODE 100 that I tried and returned.

Pastafarian

I posted a thread earlier this morning asking about the GT 100 as a power amp versus the Kat. Then I started reading a bunch of threads of audio drop out, blinking display screens and other things that I deleted the thread and moved on.
I can tell you. Sorry I missed the thread. The Katana completely smokes the GT100 as a power amp. Better feel and tone across the board.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
I can tell you. Sorry I missed the thread. The Katana completely smokes the GT100 as a power amp. Better feel and tone across the board.
Thanks Pasta! In my case; I really would want a "transparent" power amp that doesn't impart any of it's own thing into the signal chain. As little as possible. The Katana is great* as long as you are fine with everything sounding Katana-esque that you feed the fx return.

Top Bottom