The official MMA/UFC thread!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hendrik7, Nov 12, 2016.

1. hendrik7

hendrik7 Member

haha yeah probably! dude's charismatic af

2. Strat335

Strat335 Member

Timing. Makes him look fast. Timing is everything if you have it like that.

3. hendrik7

hendrik7 Member

"Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

geek-mo and Strat335 like this.
  4. Memphistokid

Memphistokid Member

Anyone see the Bendo vs Chandler fight on Bellator tonight? Instant classic in my eyes....

5. hendrik7

hendrik7 Member

No I have to check it out. Been way too busy with school to catch up with all the fights from last weekend. I just finished watching Fight night 99 and 100.

6. hendrik7

hendrik7 Member

So UFC just stripped Conor of his featherweight belt. They say he relinquished it but I call ********. There's no way that was his choice. Now Aldo is the "undisputed" champ(lol) and Holloway and Pettis will be fighting for the interim belt. Interesting.

I'm curious to see what Conor's next fight will be.

Bummed to hear about Cormier's injury. No Cormier vs Johnson anymore :(

7. Memphistokid

Memphistokid Member

Waterson....yum.
    But anyway Nunes is the champ but Ronda garners all the press.
    I hope Cruz knocks out Garbrandt.
    That is all.

8. flea

flea Member

Cruz already ko'd Garbrandt this weekend, during the conference call segment between them lol. It is kinda dumb they didn't even give Nunes 5 seconds on the promo, but this matchup is really tailor made for Ronda as long as she doesn't try to stand and bang like she tried with Holly. On a side note, it's pretty dumb they're starting the 145 lb division with no cyborg, and Holly coming off 2 losses fighting for the belt. Imo the only fight she's looked good in in the UFC was the Rousey fight.

Memphistokid likes this.
  9. Memphistokid

Memphistokid Member

100% agree with what you said. Cody sounded like a whiny little girl as Dom laid out hilarious backhanded comments, and yeah 145lb women's division meant to be built around someone who doesn't think she can make the weight but have a former champ coming off 2 loses attempting to do what only 3 UFC fighters/HOF'S have done, and an undisputed champ garnering no respect from the organization that put that strap on her. Ohh yeah let's not forget the UFC releasing Lidell and Hughes recently....

10. flea

flea Member

I could be wrong, but weren't Liddell and Hughes basically just collecting checks? Along with Forrest? I know they had titles, but thought it was mainly a thing that Dana did for them because they were a lot of the reasons the UFC is what it is today. Since they've been bought out the new company is trying to thin the herd. While I'm not a huge Cyborg fan, I do think they should have waited a little longer and had her fight for the title, they gave Ronda the 135 lb belt. Sad thing for Cyborg is, if both Rousey and Holm win, they'll prob have them fight each other and leave her out of the loop for longer. I think they just wanted to say they have a title fight on that card, supposedly there aren't even really 15-20 women at 145 that are worth talking about.

11. flea

flea Member

Just in a little while ago, Cyborg flagged for a potential doping violation. Hope for her sake the B sample comes back clean. Bet the UFC is now wishing they hadn't just created the 145 pound title fight lol.

71strat likes this.
  12. Memphistokid

Memphistokid Member

Wow....just wow.

13. flea

flea Member

Anyone getting the ppv this friday? It will be Goldberg's last time to commentate.

14. Memphistokid

Memphistokid Member

Goldberg will be back years from now to call out Brock Lesnar. It's happened before...

15. I am the Liquor

I am the Liquor Member

Huh?

16. pcbb

pcbb Member

I will. Been getting them since 52 :bonk :wave

Memphistokid likes this.
  17. bonegrubber

bonegrubber Supporting Member

I'll miss Joe's faces after a 'Goldism'.
    "And it's ALL OVER - Submission choke by Kimura" :jo

[​IMG]

Pair up Joe with Bas Rutten.

Memphistokid likes this.
  18. Memphistokid

Memphistokid Member

Love the Rutten suggestion....I wonder if there was any way Chael could return.

bonegrubber likes this.
  19. bonegrubber

bonegrubber Supporting Member

I think Chael is way done with the UFC, but never say never I guess.
    (He swung his gate on a podcast about Jim Rome possibly replacing Goldberg tho.)
    I think Rogan is on a reduced schedule too(?) so perhaps Dana hinting at a 'broadcast dream team' means the new ownership want to revamp the whole crew?? I dunno. I think the knowledge of Bas would be a great fit with Rogan's shakenpop can excitement.

Memphistokid likes this.
  20. Memphistokid

Memphistokid Member

I wonder what the dream team would consist of? Bas is fricken awesome. I don't care much for Jim Rome, he always came off as an arrogant pompous know it all. I figured Chael was on the outs but he's the only guy I can see replacing Rogan (I know Goldberg is the one leaving but I think Joe leaving is an even bigger blow).

I actually believe Brian Stann is an exceptional commentator and should be considered being paired with Rogan.

bonegrubber likes this.