The Official "Show us your Partscaster" Thread

RJT

Tell us about your Partscaster! What modifications did you do? Why'd you do them? Does it hold any sort of sentimental (personal) value to you?

I'll start. ;)

Mighty Mite Neck, Schaller Locking Tuners, '62 Reissue Tremolo, EMG HZ H4 Humbucker, EMG HZ S4 Single Coils, New Pots & 5-Way Switch, New Knobs & Hardware. Only stock piece left is the body which was from a '00 MIM Strat. Got the guitar the year I started playing and did a major face lift for its 10th birthday. I'll end up taking this one to my grave unless they find a way to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

RJT

I have a second Partscaster as well, that is waiting to be funded. That one started life as a Red Squier that I happened to fall in love with the neck. I have my MIM Loaded Pickguard on it from the above Strat that I modded. Also have a '62 Reissue Tremolo on that one and some Fender/Schaller Locking Tuners. I'm going to be replacing the pickguard and electronics in it shortly.. Making a "Super Strat" out of it.. With 3 mini-toggle switches to turn each pickup off and on. Going to be trying out some pickups from GFS (Guitar Fetish) as well. Going with a pearloid pickguard and rear cavity plate. Pickup and knob color will be black.

Pics when I eventually get that one finished.

cratz2

Silver Supporting Member
Three or four years old but still a work in progress (knobs and pickup covers.)

Cut the budget so close on this one, I could afford the knob! :p

cratz2

Silver Supporting Member
Gone but not forgotten:

Uber-cheapie I gave to a kid in the family... probably gets played more than any other guitar I've shown here.

23 Fretz

2010 Fender body and tuners, MM neck from CEG Hardtails, tusq XL nut, mirrored pickguard, dimarzio tone zone and pro track pickups, supervee bladerunner bridge.

86' kramer Focus body, MM compound radius neck, EMG 81/85 with 18v mod, OFR with fat brass block.

Homemade EVH Frankenstein replica, KNE Northern ash body, OFR, MM neck from CEG Hardtails, Seymour Duncan JB and GFS Neovin, 500K push/pull volume pot switches the pickups.

pitbull45

MIM Thinline body
MIM FSR Blacktop neck with vintage style tuners
Callaham bridge and saddles
Wolfetone bridge pickup
DiMarzio Twang King neck pickup

cratz2

Silver Supporting Member
I like it! I've been thinking about doing another one with a 2-tone burst, mint guard and black EMG 89/SA/SA, master volume, master tone, blender pot and a splitter for the 89. Have another Robert Cray neck. I'd like to find a Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat body as I like the dark-ish 2-tone coloring on those and it would be pretty cheap. Might end up just buying a used guitar and parting it out.

Never been a big fan of burst strats and never been a huge fan of EMGs, but the guy that's been touring with the Eagles for a while has a similar guitar and I've grown to really like the look.

How do you like those pickups? I had a set of HZs in an LTD I flipped and thought they were one of the best sounding pickups that get absolutely zero respect. The volume close to the bridge pickup usually doesn't bother me but man... that one's close with the pickup ring.

RJT

I like it! I've been thinking about doing another one with a 2-tone burst, mint guard and black EMG 89/SA/SA, master volume, master tone, blender pot and a splitter for the 89. Have another Robert Cray neck. I'd like to find a Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat body as I like the dark-ish 2-tone coloring on those and it would be pretty cheap. Might end up just buying a used guitar and parting it out.

Never been a big fan of burst strats and never been a huge fan of EMGs, but the guy that's been touring with the Eagles for a while has a similar guitar and I've grown to really like the look.

How do you like those pickups? I had a set of HZs in an LTD I flipped and thought they were one of the best sounding pickups that get absolutely zero respect. The volume close to the bridge pickup usually doesn't bother me but man... that one's close with the pickup ring.
It's so close to that pickup ring that I had to dremel the side of the pickup ring a little so the knob would go on. :D

I LOVE those EMG HZs. Probably my favorite pickup for the money.

jpervin

Silver Supporting Member
This one has a Warmoth ash body in Mary Kaye white, Musikraft fat C maple neck, Klein Broadcaster pickups, RS Guitarworks electronics, Rutters bridge/saddles, Callaham hardware. Weighs about 6-6.5 lbs. I love the clear, fat tones I get out of this guitar!

This one has an alder Fender MIJ body, a no-name shallow C neck from ebay, SD Antiquity pickups, CTS/Oak/PIO cap electronics, Fender aged bridge, saddles & hardware. Weighs about 7.5 lbs. If forced to sell all my gear, this guitar would be the last to go.

Rumble

Instrumental Rocker
Gold Supporting Member
My old beater guitar, built it in 1986, many mods and refins over the years. Set of 1986 Seymour Duncan p/ups (b:Broadcaster, n:STR-1). Shown with mid-'80s Marshall Studio 15.

burningyen

'99 MIM Roland-Ready Strat with a Mighty Mite neck, CEG Hardtails fretjob, DiMarzio 67/67/61 pickups, Callaham bridge and '64 arm and Chandler pickguard:

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
My #1
Warmoth ash hardtail body, 2008 Clapton neck, EMG DG20 w/SAVs

Warmoth top loaded Tele body w/binding and tummy contour; boatneck w/stainless frets and TV Jones Classic Plus complete with a snoozing Mastiff

phazersonstun

Winning!
LOVE this everything about this Tele & dog.
Warmoth top loaded Tele body w/binding and tummy contour; boatneck w/stainless frets and TV Jones Classic Plus complete with a snoozing Mastiff
[/QUOTE]