The official TGP Ibanez-Vemuram TSV808 Tube Screamer thread

Winzzy

Just, got one from LA vintage as well. Love the store and its worth trying it out when I can actually pick one up at an uninflated price.

zero_kool

Sorry I don’t know how to do the dancing bananas but I just got a shipping notification for my 2nd one that I preordered from Sweetwater back on July 4th!

zero_kool

Second? Wow, why 2?
Well I preordered one back in July & that’s the one I’m just now receiving. I bought my other one a month ago because I wasn’t sure this preorder was going to actually happen. Plus I have two boards! Haha

MrSoftV

Snagged one of these from a dealer in the UK that had one in stock. Arriving today :banana

Love my TS's but there's always been that little something that leaves me wanting. Either the bass is on the muddy side or it's cut altogether. Hoping this will have the glassy presence I hear in Vemurams other offerings, keep the bass fairly tight and retain the TS mids.

83lltunneL

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve noticed that the edges on my early serial number pedal are highly burnished; there’s significantly more definition and contrast (though it’s hard to photograph) in the finish than the later serial number I have, which is in the 1,200s. I think it’s kind of cool that there’s variation, but I’m curious if it’s a trend in manufacturing. I know some of the delays in production were attributed to the complexity of case finishing. Maybe the later-produced cases were finish differently. Has anyone else noticed this?

I’ve noticed that the edges on my early serial number pedal are highly burnished; there’s significantly more definition and contrast (though it’s hard to photograph) in the finish than the later serial number I have, which is in the 1,200s. I think it’s kind of cool that there’s variation, but I’m curious if it’s a trend in manufacturing. I know some of the delays in production were attributed to the complexity of case finishing. Maybe the later-produced cases were finish differently. Has anyone else noticed this?
That was my thought when I first saw my pedal (#1030) too. There’s ”almost” no green color more copper brown all over.

MrSoftV

That was my thought when I first saw my pedal (#1030) too. There’s ”almost” no green color more copper brown all over.
#1105 for me. I noticed the same thing. In the picture of the examples from namm 2019, they seemed much more green around the edges. It's almost as though, when they ran in to production problems with the enclosures, they just started spraying green clear coat over Vemurams standard gold/brown boxes. It's still the sexiest TS I've ever seen though.

Perhaps the early serial ones will fetch a premium in years to come lol :tapedshut

83lltunneL

Silver Supporting Member
#1105 for me. I noticed the same thing. In the picture of the examples from namm 2019, they seemed much more green around the edges. It's almost as though, when they ran in to production problems with the enclosures, they just started spraying green clear coat over Vemurams standard gold/brown boxes. It's still the sexiest TS I've ever seen though.

Perhaps the early serial ones will fetch a premium in years to come lol :tapedshut
I’ll try to get a picture later that shows the difference.

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
Mine gets here today, will report back. Super excited, I’ve used 808s for years and currently have an Analogman Silver, Keeley Baked and Anniversary to put it up against

Trending Topics