The official TGP Ibanez-Vemuram TSV808 Tube Screamer thread

zero_kool

So I preordered one from Sweetwater back on July 4th & was told that it would be in at the end of September. September came & went with no word from my rep. So at the beginning of November I gave him a call to see if he had any news to which he said that it was pushed back to the end of that month November. At the end of November my rep called & told me it was then pushed back to the end of December. So I wasn’t holding my breath on that one & it came & went. Last week when I noticed some going out here in the states & gc saying January 16th I gave my rep a quick call & was told last week that they just got word they wouldn’t be getting theirs until March. So after getting off the phone I ordered one from Gear Hero HQ since they said they had some in stock & today I received mine!!

Teleman76

Tubes-a-glowin
Gold Supporting Member
So I preordered one from Sweetwater back on July 4th & was told that it would be in at the end of September. September came & went with no word from my rep. So at the beginning of November I gave him a call to see if he had any news to which he said that it was pushed back to the end of that month November. At the end of November my rep called & told me it was then pushed back to the end of December. So I wasn’t holding my breath on that one & it came & went. Last week when I noticed some going out here in the states & gc saying January 16th I gave my rep a quick call & was told last week that they just got word they wouldn’t be getting theirs until March. So after getting off the phone I ordered one from Gear Hero HQ since they said they had some in stock & today I received mine!!
Nice! I ordered another through same dealer. Mines out for delivery. How do you like it?

zero_kool

Nice! I ordered another through same dealer. Mines out for delivery. How do you like it?
I’ve only spent a short time with it due to work but I’ve already dual locked it to my board. It obviously has the mid hump but it also adds thickness. I love it. Not to mention the low noise floor that Vemuram pedals provide.

Teleman76

Tubes-a-glowin
Gold Supporting Member
I got my first one several weeks back. I have yet to mess with the toggles. Anyone mess with the dip switches any?

I finally messed around with the internal settings. You can get the TS sound but every position, other than the stock settings, I didn’t like as well.

Last edited:

Gizzer

Got mine today, #0449 (in Quebec Canada)
Compared to 2 TS9 I have (a 1982 with the 4558 chip and a 1994 with the 75558 chip)
The TSV808 doesn't sound like a Tube Screamer... it really really sounds better; tone is amazing, softer in a way (bluesier) louder also (much louder)
I love it and I'm so glad that I ordered one 7 months ago. It's a keeper 4sure !
first setting: Overdrive at 0, Tone at 1 o'clock and Level at 3 o'clock into a Marshall 1974X Volume at 1... (it's loud; trust me) Tone at 2.

83lltunneL

Silver Supporting Member
Damnit, I keep missing them. I would love to try one, but it sounds like they’ve been nearly impossible to find.
I saw one pop up the other day on Reverb at a dealer for $449, list price. It was gone within 20 minutes. As someone noted above, Gear Hero had a few (maybe 7) in stock recently. Out of curiosity, I followed the status and I’d say they were sold out in about a week.

Last edited:

Teleman76

Tubes-a-glowin
Gold Supporting Member
The one I got Monday is 952. So maybe 1000 units to date. I don’t see them halting production of these as long as they’re selling like hot cakes.

zero_kool

The one I got Monday is 952. So maybe 1000 units to date. I don’t see them halting production of these as long as they’re selling like hot cakes.
That’s odd because the one I got from gear hero on Monday was #894. They must be shipping from Ibanez out of order. I too have yet to see one over 1000.

Teleman76

Tubes-a-glowin
Gold Supporting Member
Probably so. Bharp21 got number 953 and his came from GH. I wouldn’t think they would receive consecutive numbers. Just whatever boxes they grab to fill dealer orders.

sputnik

Silver Supporting Member
Tone Shop Guitar just got 1016 and 1017. I got one of them. The other is already sold I believe.

Tonefree

Gold Supporting Member
Just received #1141. Curious to see if it is no longer a limited run? Hopefully get some time this weekend to give it a workout....

zero_kool

Just received #1141. Curious to see if it is no longer a limited run? Hopefully get some time this weekend to give it a workout....
I don’t imagine they’ll do what others have & make more than what they originally set out to do. Especially because Vemuram is such a small company. Not to mention other limited things Ibanez has done & sold crazy good they still stuck to it being limited. I’m curious as to how many they are going to make in total. Oh & congratulations on yours!

PRS.Lujan

Silver Supporting Member
I emailed Ibanez and they said it was limited to 400 in US? I have #882. I’m probably gonna post on reverb soon .

Trending Topics