The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

jcopello

I've owned almost every pre PBG model and the one pictured below is far and away my favorite. It was built by Bill Krinard. I was able to play the TS1 that Bill built for Robben Ford and loved it so we cannibalized a Twin Reverb for the tranny and other things, and Bill reached into his stash of NOS vintage parts, and voila: a monster of an amp with the nicest cleans of any TR I've played, including the Mayer Sig.

ever willing to sell that one?? ;)

Stevo57

Silver Supporting Member
Two Rock "The Wood" Amp
Thats almost identical the layout of my Opal. The jazz switch is renamed EQ1/EQ2. Not sure about the innards. I would be willing to bet they are pretty close. Ever try an Opal JCopello?

tejastubes

Two Rock "The Wood" Amp
I used to own The Wood,,,its a TR killer. Probably the most organic open sounding two rock I ever owned.
I've owned almost every pre PBG model and the one pictured below is far and away my favorite. It was built by Bill Krinard. I was able to play the TS1 that Bill built for Robben Ford and loved it so we cannibalized a Twin Reverb for the tranny and other things, and Bill reached into his stash of NOS vintage parts, and voila: a monster of an amp with the nicest cleans of any TR I've played, including the Mayer Sig.

I have one of these which was hand tuned and voice by Bill Krinard as well. It has really stunned me.
Thats almost identical the layout of my Opal. The jazz switch is renamed EQ1/EQ2. Not sure about the innards. I would be willing to bet they are pretty close. Ever try an Opal JCopello?
The wood has all octal pre-amp tubes. 6sl7 tubes, but Bill used some British equivs... I would suspect not on the same planet, but it was the amp which inspired the opal line.

Last edited:

jcopello

I haven't actually, owned a CRS proto, SP, Gainmaster, Onyx, Artist Sig, but never had the chance to play through a Opal, I've heard they're the bomb though id love to try one.

Stevo57

Silver Supporting Member
I recall Bill Chapin had one of those octal preamp protos too. I think it was stolen from his shop along with his Komet and a bunch of guitars he was building and or working on.

sfarnell

Love the Opal. Whenever I see it mentioned I have to post a vid of John Wedemeyer playing a 335 through an Opal. Check this tone out:

Sean French

Supporting Member
I really dig TR amps. I've owned two K&M Customs, Custom Reverb Sig V1, Amethyst Special combo, Emmy 50, Emmy Pro, 18 watt(EL-84) Ruby and a 35 watt(EL-34) Ruby.
All were fantastic amps.

My fav was K&M Custom #45 and the 18 Watt Ruby.
I sold my last TR in '09.

Some pics of what I used to own.

sfarnell

whoa, never seen something like the 'Bear' before
And you won't again. :)

Bill built that for me about seven years ago. My nickname is "Bear." I didn't know what I was doing back then and didn't value the amp like it deserved to be valued, probably because it wasn't in a TR cab. But that amp rocked like nothing else....pure balls to the wall rock 'n roll amp.

I think I sold it here in the emporium. If someone is out there with the amp I'd like to buy it back.

jcopello

And you won't again. :)

Bill built that for me about seven years ago. My nickname is "Bear." I didn't know what I was doing back then and didn't value the amp like it deserved to be valued, probably because it wasn't in a TR cab. But that amp rocked like nothing else....pure balls to the wall rock 'n roll amp.

I think I sold it here in the emporium. If someone is out there with the amp I'd like to buy it back.
I remember looking at that amp a while back on CL, was that when you sold it? I should have picked it up :huh

sfarnell

I remember looking at that amp a while back on CL, was that when you sold it? I should have picked it up :huh
No, I sold it in the emporium. Evidently, whoever bought it listed it on CL. Too bad, if you can get by the rough cabinetry and the corny psychedelic paint job (my responsibility, not Bill's), it's a really great amp. I think that Bill was pissed when I sold it.

Tomo

Some real good collections in here... Oh, the envy...

Would love it if Tomo Fujita shared a story or two about his signature model!
It's amazing clean tone amp! 50 watts. It's very simple! Amazing reverb!!!

What would you like to know about my signature amp? One of TGP guy is using my signature amp. He can give his thought on my amp?

Tomo

mathiassiv

It's amazing clean tone amp! 50 watts. It's very simple! Amazing reverb!!!

What would you like to know about my signature amp? One of TGP guy is using my signature amp. He can give his thought on my amp?

Tomo
Thats amazing. I keep watching your videos on Youtube and you always got killer tone. That great phrasing of yours doesn't hurt either :)

What was your idea behind it? I don't understand much japanese so it's a bit hard to get the info from your videos. Gotta be a great honor to get your own signature amp!

Trending Topics