The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mathiassiv, Mar 20, 2014.

1. off2kamp

off2kamp Member

@Skip Reid I got the head and have played both. I have a bigger cab for the head than the combo. I think I get more bass and a bigger sound with my own cab and prefer it over the combo. The reverb adds a lot more noise in the head though because the reverb tank is like an inch from the transformer.

Skip Reid likes this.
  2. Skip Reid

Skip Reid Supporting Member

Thanks for the response. There seems to always be a tradeoff on everything. I've read where some have moved the reverb tank into the speaker cabinet. The clips sound good as is. I think I want the deeper tone from the cabinet. That sound is what I associate with a Two Rock, personally.

3. AintNoEddie

AintNoEddie Silver Supporting Member

I think if you don't necessarily need the most compact solution, you'd be always better off with head + cab. More flexible, less vibrations for the tubes, most likely easier to sell in case you want to move it one day.

Skip Reid and JonathanPierceBand like this.
  4. Skip Reid

Thanks for the information.

What are the current wait times you guys are experiencing on your Studio Signatures?

5. off2kamp

off2kamp Member

@Skip Reid I think about 4 months for wait time. I would just call a dealer. It is SUCH an incredible amp. I moved my reverb tank from the head to the cabinet. Zero noise now.

Skip Reid likes this.
  6. Skip Reid

Yes I might as well go ahead and get in line too. I assume it makes no difference which color tolex I would want, regarding the wait. I think standard black with silver anyway is what I would go with. Although I have inquired about a golden suede and diamond grill option. Waiting to hear if that is a possibility. And to think I was so close to buying the little Marshall studio vintage at the beginning of the year. I would much rather have this. I think it's going to be a home run for Two Rock. I am looking forward to it. I've enjoyed reading this thread and getting to know more about Two Rock. There is lots of great information here. Thanks guys.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019 at 3:42 PM
    AintNoEddie and off2kamp like this.
  7. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

8. ncbmx64

ncbmx64 Supporting Member

Planning on trying it tomorrow also hiding back there is a brown face Princeton reissue that I want to try with it too.

Gilky, Wyzard and Bluesful like this.
  9. Bluesful

Awesome.

10. Bluesful

They need to amend the title.

Holy trinity of *current* Two Rocks.

11. Voxshall

Voxshall Member

But that could upset the SSS crowd, I don't think they can win on this one, maybe the three two rocks we have in at the moment ha ha

Jlopicco likes this.
  12. ufguy73

ufguy73 Gold Supporting Member

3 amp comparison i would have preferred is CLRS, TC, SSS - but appreciate what they did

JonathanPierceBand likes this.
  13. JonathanPierceBand

JonathanPierceBand Supporting Member

Out of these three, the classic reverb signature sounds the best to me for what I play. Love the video.

14. DiPa

DiPa Constant GAS Silver Supporting Member

The 3 that are the best selling models according to Peach, it was not just any 3....or any current 3, ....

Voxshall and glenngross like this.
  15. Voxshall

Voxshall Member

Can add the SSS with this one.

j.s.tonehound likes this.
  16. DiPa

DiPa Constant GAS Silver Supporting Member

The black vox grill cloth with silver face panel and black suede/tolex looks sexy...

17. Voxshall

Voxshall Member

Hell yes that thing looks awesome, play the hell out of it, it gets better and better once it gets broken in a bit. It looks like you are no stranger to the joys of the small, one speaker combo. I went from AC30, Fender Super and Marshall superlead with a 4x12 to the Bloomfield combo and just the joy of a grab and go has increased my happiness in playing tenfold. The same thing happened when I mounted all my guitars on my wall, just having easy access to them really increased my personal satisfaction levels as a guitar player, I play out way more, more likely to take my amp if I go away on the weekend to the beach house, I don't get down by the thought of trucking big heavy amps everywhere, I'm not a very inspired player if I don't have enjoyable tone so having a grab and go has connected me to playing out with so many friends I haven't jammed with in a long time etc and with the Bloomfield combo I don't feel like I am sacrificing anything with the smaller size because it sounds big compared to many similar size amps, a big two rock might sound better but I'm not at all bothered by it enough to find out, because what I gain in a grab and go just delights me so much. I have the feeling if I had a CLRS I would care more about having 6L6 rather than 6V6 as I'm so used to my super reverb but with the Bloomfield I don't mind the 6v6 as it's a new tone for me to play though, I don't reference it as being annoyingly not right, the way modern fender strats annoy me because I'm used to playing a pre cbs strat compared to being less annoyed when I play my mates PRS silver sky because it's just it's own thing the details I'm not used to don't annoy me so much, also with 6V6's the creamy lead channel a Les Paul is insanely fun.

Abram4235, Wyzard and DoctorSpock like this.
  18. Voxshall

Voxshall Member

My comment above was also in reference to this question below. Not functioning well due to lack of sleep, due to the cricket world cup.