• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

Voxshall

NAD!!!!!!!
Hell yes that thing looks awesome, play the hell out of it, it gets better and better once it gets broken in a bit. It looks like you are no stranger to the joys of the small, one speaker combo. I went from AC30, Fender Super and Marshall superlead with a 4x12 to the Bloomfield combo and just the joy of a grab and go has increased my happiness in playing tenfold. The same thing happened when I mounted all my guitars on my wall, just having easy access to them really increased my personal satisfaction levels as a guitar player, I play out way more, more likely to take my amp if I go away on the weekend to the beach house, I don't get down by the thought of trucking big heavy amps everywhere, I'm not a very inspired player if I don't have enjoyable tone so having a grab and go has connected me to playing out with so many friends I haven't jammed with in a long time etc and with the Bloomfield combo I don't feel like I am sacrificing anything with the smaller size because it sounds big compared to many similar size amps, a big two rock might sound better but I'm not at all bothered by it enough to find out, because what I gain in a grab and go just delights me so much. I have the feeling if I had a CLRS I would care more about having 6L6 rather than 6V6 as I'm so used to my super reverb but with the Bloomfield I don't mind the 6v6 as it's a new tone for me to play though, I don't reference it as being annoyingly not right, the way modern fender strats annoy me because I'm used to playing a pre cbs strat compared to being less annoyed when I play my mates PRS silver sky because it's just it's own thing the details I'm not used to don't annoy me so much, also with 6V6's the creamy lead channel a Les Paul is insanely fun.

Voxshall

My comment above was also in reference to this question below. Not functioning well due to lack of sleep, due to the cricket world cup.

Hi all - interested in purchasing my first Two Rock and looking for some advice. I’m looking at the Bloomfield and wondering what people would recommend between the 100/50 watt and 40/20 watt versions.

This will be primarily used in my home studio. I have a Power Station to attenuate volume if needed and UA Ox for recording. I generally prefer not to use an attenuator though if the master volume is good.

I know the bigger amp will have more clean headroom, but still not sure which would be the better option. Any opinions appreciated!

DiPa

Constant GAS
Gold Supporting Member
I'm no recording expert, but even with headphones on, the way they recorded that video seems to not really do the amp justice.
I agree, just didn’t sound good, and I own 2 of the 3, so I know how they sound...

DiPa

Constant GAS
Gold Supporting Member
He was actually quoting the post of the SSS demo. But I agree the Peach video didn’t sound very good
Oh ok, yeah the TR were not given justice on that clip, if I was buying based on that clip, I would have definitely passed.

BJJ&Blues

Silver Supporting Member
After a lot of research and reading this thread, I ended up getting a Traditional Clean!
I'm really liking this one. It reminds me of the old Classic Reverb and Studio Pro but has an extra something to it that those did not have. Almost like a bounce to the notes, it's hard to put into words. Anyways, thanks guys for the info to help me get this amp!

Last edited:

DoctorSpock

Supporting Member
After a lot of research and reading this thread, I ended getting a Traditional Clean!
I'm really liking this one. It reminds me of the old Classic Reverb and Studio Pro but has an extra something to it that those did not have. Almost like a bounce to the notes, it's hard to put into words. Anyways, thanks guys for the info to help me get this amp!
I agree, it’s got a really unique feel to it. I love it

Voxshall

After a lot of research and reading this thread, I ended up getting a Traditional Clean!
Excellent choice, in hindsight I think I would have been extremely happy with the TC if I went that way but the BD was hot at the time I ordered so I was swayed that way, don't think I can lose either way, wish there were more Two Rocks in my country to try.

Trending Topics