The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mathiassiv, Mar 20, 2014.

1. ufguy73

ufguy73 Gold Supporting Member

You can maybe think what the post said? The ‘demo’ was weak....lecture him some more on posting, though...im sure after 13k of them he still doesn’t get this forum thing. ;)

Anyway....

DiPa likes this.
  2. JonathanPierceBand

JonathanPierceBand Supporting Member

Yeah it was a really nice improvement to the studio pro 35 that got me into the brand in the first place.

slide13 likes this.
  3. pattste

pattste Member

I would also enjoy demos of Two Rock amps with something other than a Stratocaster for a change.

plumberstrummer likes this.
  4. plumberstrummer

plumberstrummer Fatal3Records.com Supporting Member

From what I hear the new TS1 is still the same circuit with the minor tweaks and upgrades they worked out bit by bit over the last couple years already, but with the buffered loop and layout. I heard that they did not want to put out a new model yet since their wait list is already long enough, which I applaud. (Counting down the weeks 'til my SSS!) I dig the new look, too...

Love these guys! Can't wait for new TS1 demos!

5. ufguy73

personally, i thank eli and mac et al for not coming out with a ‘new’ model this cycle...ive done 4 TR’s in the last 18 months and could use a breather! Lol

6. Wyzard

Wyzard Supporting Member

I'm going to politely disagree. I've only got 1500 posts or so: anyone want to lecture me? It wasn't a demo - it was a clip.

I'll be trying out all the current TR amps over the next six months, and nothing I ever hear on the internet is going to have much influence on my decision to buy or pass.

JonathanPierceBand likes this.
  7. DiPa

DiPa Constant GAS Silver Supporting Member

I too thank Eli/Mac for not breaking by bank with yet another glorious TR introduction, although my curiosity on the recent updated TS1 is apparent since I had passed on the previous TS1 model, but owning 3 TRs currently, I really am doing well. Will wait on the new TS1 demo and clips and go from there.

8. 65 Strat

65 Strat Supporting Member

I agree with this. I know this is a Two-Rock thread, and I appreciate Jonathan's passion for the brand, but at times it's a bit too Fanboy-ish for me -- like anytime someone says something that's not glowingly positive about Two-Rock he's quick to jump and lash out. Look, they are great amps, but not everyone is going to love what you love -- and that's okay. Two-Rock makes some fine amps, but demos are demos. I've heard some demos that make even real Dumble amps sound like a$$. And me too, I wasn't moved by that clip -- but that's just one person's opinion.

So let's not take things so personally and accept that we all have different preferences/opinions about the amps -- and that's okay. It's honestly why I take long breaks from this thread--too many fanboys who will get all over your case the second you don't praise the almighty Mac, Eli, and Bill.

9. ufguy73

Nobody said they were or weren’t going to purchase because of a clip.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  10. Voxshall

Voxshall Member

Thanks for posting, really appreciate it

11. bigfoamfinger

bigfoamfinger Supporting Member

From what I’ve noticed, the TS1 seems to be overlooked among the current TR 100 watt lineup. SSS, BFD, CLRS and TC get plenty of mention here, with seemingly quite a few people owning them. I can’t say the same for the TS1. Just an observation

ufguy73 likes this.
  12. 65 Strat

It could be that, at least in my opinion, for as much as people rave about Dumbles, the ODS is a unique and not-so-versatile circuit that isn't for everyone. The cleans are cool, but different from many are used to; and unless you're looking for those Robben Ford OD sounds, you'll likely not enjoy the OD channel. So the market for a TS1 style amp is for guys who know that the Dumble thing is what they want, and that's why they're purchasing the amp. And that's a small group of people; I think the Dumble bubble burst in the mid-2000s, and those who are still looking for one tend to favor builders like Bludotone or Welagen who have developed a specialty for those circuits. And so for the non-Dumble fanatics, who are simply looking for a versatile clean platform or a versatile OD channel amp, the CLRS, Traditional Clean, and Bloomfield Drive are most of the time the better purchase.

13. JonathanPierceBand

JonathanPierceBand Supporting Member

Look, I like the TR products I like sure. Guilty. I do think the new Power Transformers are killer and I recommend them because I depend on them for my livelihood.

But not all of their amps are for my playing style. That’s why I own just the SSS. Before this trip, I didnt like the Burnside or TS1. And I tried the Traditional Clean and Classic Reverb Sig but brought neither of them home.

If 65 strat thinks i’m a fanboy that’s fine, not because I am one but because I don’t live my life caring what people think. Some of you are fanboys of things and you don’t see me calling you out. Cause who cares. Movin on...

Again I never, not even once have liked the old TS1 but the new one was drew the most interest at Namm. I don’t like 6v6 amps so I didn’t like the Burnside nor the Bloomfield 40w. But then today Mac told me they can bias the Burnside for 6L6 and they had a combo there in that setup. I heard it and so now I like it. Its very brown face Fender. But i still ain’t bringing one home.

My buddy Michael that is in the SSS video however, played them all and the Bloomfield was his fave. It is what it is. We like what we like. I finally played the Bloomfield and like the TC and CLRS it’s not gonna be one I take home. I like the new TS1 and 150 SSS. So i shared two videos.

And its cool @DiPa that you didn't like it. I figured someone would say something about the quality. I mean dang it’s Namm, theres so much background noise you aren’t going to get a good real demo. But now theres a video instead of not one. I have video of Matt Schofield and Eli playing the TS1 but its not gonna be any different than what I already posted.

But I said you were harsh not because you didn’t like it. I said it cause you put the players name in your sentence when you said Quinn’s demo was weak. You didn’t say Jonathan your demo was weak. So it appeared to me that you were dissing the player not the video.

And I’d hate to have not said something and that player read that comment and go well dang that looks like he is shitting on my playing and no one stood up for me.

But you said you weren’t dissing the player so its all good, its not a big deal, water under the bridge, hope you get to play the new TS1 soon. I really think that you’ll enjoy it. And if you don’t, buy it for me cause I spent a $1000 to come to Namm to get you that video clip...hahaha :console

:beer

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  14. ufguy73

historically, thats sort of been the case too..those that chase the pure D-tone, of course, have chased it (and those familiar with some of the RF spec variants) but not one of the more common ones.

i don’t remember - was it originally a limited edition...that later could be custom ordered? That would contribute to the lack of awareness/experiences too.

15. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

@JonathanPierceBand - how tall are you?

You are towering over everyone in those NAMM pics.

16. DiPa

About 1-2 years ago I wanted a TS1 so much, I spent some time researching and reviewing clips, talking to a few folk, and I was not feeling it fully, then Bloomfield Dr came along and I was in awe, and bought it, and I added some Bludotone amps to my arsenal at about the same time, thus pushing my TS1 thirst lower, but honestly it still haunted me, so this time with the mods, it’s back on my short list. Will go through a bunch of clips and hopefully get some feedback from my circles. I believe the TS1 was not limited edition, one could order that amp. TR still gave us something to ponder and agonize at this year, not an entire new line but a moded TS1 amp :)
    On the harsh comments, no sweat, I been around a long time and I have a thick skin. After spending several years now on TGP, one gets to understand the landscape a bit better, and maneuver, hell I remember my first 2 -3 years as a new member here, I would swear and argue with other members as a routine on most topics thinking it’s okay, I was fortunate I had a lot of good folk here that coached me and taught me about TGP.

T92780 and ufguy73 like this.
  17. 65 Strat

If that's true, then don't get worked up anytime someone says they don't like one of your demos.

DiPa likes this.
  18. kingsleyd

kingsleyd Frikkin genyus Gold Supporting Member

Check out my thread on the Artist forum. (or the Kimock amp thread on this one) I just released a CD on which I used my Kimock amp (technically a K&M as it's from the prototype run) for the whole thing. Nary a Strat in sight, and the tunes are all instrumental with the guitar as the "lead singer." Killer band, too. On those threads there's a link to my website where you can stream all 10 tracks and, while streaming a track, see a synopsis with details telling you which guitar, etc.

19. texstrat

texstrat Member

It was a freaking random clip at NAMM - not a demo!!! Whomever says they do not like this “demo” is unappreciative - meaning the point of the clip was to share the live experience going on at NAMM and at the Two Rock booth, not to create a picture perfect representation of how the amp sounds. My gosh, it was an iPhone clap at crowded NAMM. A lot of folks here on TGP are out of touch with reality and in this case under appreciate someone who is trying to share via video an experience that most of us did not get to participate in. Chill out dude!!!

thanks for sharing Jonathan!

20. DiPa

I tried my best to refrain from saying anymore, thought this was closed, but I guess not, am going to say a few things. I am the guy that said I did not like that demo, and yeah it was a lousy clip to me, I did not like it at all. I didn’t realize I am supposed to like everything here. Hell I remember a couple years ago not fully liking the TS1 amp And no one was offended. I did not like what I was hearing on that clip and it was not about Quinn or Jonathan. There will be more clips and demos coming that will pit that amp under a full test for review. So please you chill instead of telling us to.